I have had my bb 8830 one week. I just had it hooked up to my laptop to charge it and all of a sudden it went out. The message that came up on the laptop saying that a device had "malfunctioned." Now, it will NOT turn on. Anyone with a clue here? Thanks.

Robin
    11-11-07 01:08 PM
    I don't have this model and I'm new myself but have you tried taking out (pulling the battery) to see if it will reset?
    11-11-07 01:43 PM
    I don't have this model and I'm new myself but have you tried taking out (pulling the battery) to see if it will reset?

Thanks Mr. H. I decided to take it back to Alltel since they're open until 5 on Sundays. I have not even received my rebate yet so I took everything. Anyway, I told her the story and she pulled the battery and re-installed it and it came right on. She told me that this had happened to a number of folks and pulling the battery seems to work. I asked her why and she laughed and said she had no clue. Anyway, it is working fine now and hopefully it will continue. Thanks.

Robin
    11-11-07 03:58 PM
    Pull the battery while powered on, often fixes the odd glitches on any BB. It is known as a hard reset. There is no fear in doing a hard reset, no data or information or applications will be lost, and nothing is erased.
    How do I reset my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

Good luck.
    11-11-07 04:15 PM
    Thanks for the link jsanders. That really helps. The battery has been pulled and it seems to be working fine now.

Robin
    11-11-07 04:42 PM
    Battery pull to the rescue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-07 05:41 PM
    The worst trouble that I've had with my 8830 is Verizon crippling the GPS.
    11-13-07 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD