Well, Tomorrow im going to renew my 2yr contract.. i have to pay for the phone but my mom pays the bills.. I have 342$ Right now, but im pretty sure they dont go past 200$ on 2 yr contracts but i could be wrong.. I am only 16, so i do text alot.. around 600-1000 messeges daily, never really call anyone unless its a friend to meet me somewhere. and I use the web on my phone frequently.. and battery life is pretty important to me. What would be the best phone to get on Verizon right now? ive already had a BB 8330, and a Storm, on my First Droid right now, but its a piece*

What is the best phone for texting, battery life, fast / best internet quality.? Was thinking about Droid X or Droid Pro... But any help from others with experience of most phones, please give feedback
    12-11-10 10:03 PM
    Well, Tomorrow im going to renew my 2yr contract.. i have to pay for the phone but my mom pays the bills.. I have 342$ Right now, but im pretty sure they dont go past 200$ on 2 yr contracts but i could be wrong.. I am only 16, so i do text alot.. around 600-1000 messeges daily, never really call anyone unless its a friend to meet me somewhere. and I use the web on my phone frequently.. and battery life is pretty important to me. What would be the best phone to get on Verizon right now? ive already had a BB 8330, and a Storm, on my First Droid right now, but its a piece*

What is the best phone for texting, battery life, fast / best internet quality.? Was thinking about Droid X or Droid Pro... But any help from others with experience of most phones, please give feedback
    I am surprised your parents would allow you to purchase a PDA... Lol. I wldnt let my daughter have one. Paying for the data plan alone would be enough to kill ya. You are a lucky kid That being said I am not familiar w/ Verizon's line as much as some, but I know that all my friends who have devices that use an Android OS have below par battery life. I own a BB Bold 9700 have stellar battery life, and I really USE my Berry. I am a 3rd party apps junkie :-D I use BBM constantly (w/ a group as well,) have over 100 MP3's on my device, text about 200 messages a day, and have 5 email accounts. Good Luck w/ your search, I'm sure any device is gonna require some compromises on your part. There isn't any device I know of that's "perfect" for everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 11:17 PM
    Android devices hands down rule the web on Verizon (Flash 10.1 if the device you want has Android 2.2 "Froyo"), and even against OS6 and the webkit browser the stock Android browser easily comes out on top.

Long battery life may be harder to come by. My current Droid 2, with an extended battery gets me between 4-5 hours of life with the screen literally continuously on and surfing or playing games. It can stretch out quite a bit longer if you aren't playing on it literally the entire time.

Really though, the best advice I can give you is: spend time in a Verizon corporate store (because they are more likely to have their devices activated) and play with the phones for an hour or so for each device you're considering (you may want to try to pick a not so busy time of day since you'll tie up their display phones for a while, and also less chance of waiting for people to get out of your way). Surf the web, and most of all, see if you'll be able to get used to typing on the various devices you're considering. Type up lots of mock emails and texts and things.

I picked the Droid 2 because I still needed a physical keyboard, as I found typing longer emails (and posts to this forum) got tedious with the screen only...
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 12-12-10 at 07:46 AM.
    12-12-10 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD