What constitutes bashing then? Because I really don't see much of it going on. Just from my observations. I'm not around here much anymore. I pop in threads that mention iPhone and I stay out of the PB section usually. If we're talking bashing is "RIM sucks" "Crapberry" "BlackBerry can eat dirt", then I don't see it. What are you guys considering bashing?
    If you're not here much the mods have been busy deleting a lot of post so maybe you just missed them but believe me they were there.

Edit: Just wanted to add that it seems like a lot of the ones doing it do not list what device they have. I have to wonder if they are ashamed to list what they own and use and coming here to belittle bb just makes them feel better about using what they do. But bah.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 12-04-11 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Add
    12-04-11 06:00 AM
    If you are tired of getting mauled, stop poking the bear. This is not a problem with outsiders; it is a problem with insiders who are militant, mean-spirited, hateful, and rude. Stop pretending this is a board just about helping people with BB issues. This board is about actively campaigning against other platforms. I am convinced that most of the posters here do not love the BB platform as much as they hate Apple. No opportunity to bash or FUD bomb iOS is missed by the reverse trollers.

When the PB was announced and released, it was presented as an iPad competitor with lots of unsupported bravado. That, alone invited many non-BB users to the forum to discuss and debate the product. At that time, RIM fans defended the PB and presented it as some kind of iPad killer. The threads were full of stupid comparisons. Everyone was just fine with that as long as it showed how superior the PB was to everything else. Hypocrites!

The vast majority of threads that have flame wars were powered by some reverse troller spoiling for a fight with other platform supporters. It is RIM and it's supporters that have the Apple fetish. Just see how the subject is brought up in these threads. You people act like you are behind a members only firewall that outsiders cannot see. You should know that these posts are accessible from Google search. You invite the war by poking the bear.

Here's an idea, if you want to end the wars, stop bringing up other products besides what you love. Stop making it about what is wrong with everything else. Let's see how long that lasts.

One more thing. There is schadenfreude on every fan site. Go to any Apple site and see what it is filled with. That is the nature of the competitive beast. Unless these boards are locked to fans only, and removed from search engines, DEAL WITH IT! You are only upset because RIM is losing in almost every conceivable category. You love to crow when you think Apple or Android is losing. Now, you find that the taste of crow is somewhat bitter.

Stop the reverse trolling, and you will stop the majority of anti-RIM threads... including this one.
    12-04-11 08:38 AM
    If you are tired of getting mauled, stop poking the bear. This is not a problem with outsiders; it is a problem with insiders who are militant, mean-spirited, hateful, and rude. Stop pretending this is a board just about helping people with BB issues. This board is about actively campaigning against other platforms. I am convinced that most of the posters here do not love the BB platform as much as they hate Apple. No opportunity to bash or FUD bomb iOS is missed by the reverse trollers.

When the PB was announced and released, it was presented as an iPad competitor with lots of unsupported bravado. That, alone invited many non-BB users to the forum to discuss and debate the product. At that time, RIM fans defended the PB and presented it as some kind of iPad killer. The threads were full of stupid comparisons. Everyone was just fine with that as long as it showed how superior the PB was to everything else. Hypocrites!

The vast majority of threads that have flame wars were powered by some reverse troller spoiling for a fight with other platform supporters. It is RIM and it's supporters that have the Apple fetish. Just see how the subject is brought up in these threads. You people act like you are behind a members only firewall that outsiders cannot see. You should know that these posts are accessible from Google search. You invite the war by poking the bear.

Here's an idea, if you want to end the wars, stop bringing up other products besides what you love. Stop making it about what is wrong with everything else. Let's see how long that lasts.

One more thing. There is schadenfreude on every fan site. Go to any Apple site and see what it is filled with. That is the nature of the competitive beast. Unless these boards are locked to fans only, and removed from search engines, DEAL WITH IT! You are only upset because RIM is losing in almost every conceivable category. You love to crow when you think Apple or Android is losing. Now, you find that the taste of crow is somewhat bitter.

Stop the reverse trolling, and you will stop the majority of anti-RIM threads... including this one.
    A lot true here but I doubt it will ever stop. I've seen a lot of threads where no other device was ever mentioned until someone comes in does so, that is what starts the ball rolling.
    12-04-11 08:45 AM
    I have to agree with OP, I understand there are always going to be non-bb user traffic on the site, staying up to date on RIM and the BB platform, or maybe ex-users offering their opinions, ect. But what I find most weird are the users who come in and get so defensive at the slightest mention of their phone. At the end of the day, you're on a blackberry fan site, what's the point? :shrug:
    I wouldn't say it's defensive at all. Of course, I'm prob missing a few threads that are getting deleted. But what I do see a lot of is Blackberry users that haven't used or really spent much time at all with other devices rehashing blantantly wrong information about other platforms. So you have those of us that used Blackberry for a long time and then switched to another platform try to clear up the misconceptions.

I see quite a bit of "Android sucks because of (insert a bunch of untrue statements)" or "iPhone sucks because of (insert statements that I have no idea if they're true or not because I iPhone's not a blip on my radar)" While some statements are true, I see a lot of false information. However, I don't see a lot of "Blackberry sucks!!!" from Android and iPhone users. What I see them saying is "use what's best for YOU. We have found this best for US." And I've seen several Android users say that they wouldn't be opposed to coming back to Blackberry once it fits their needs.
    12-04-11 01:03 PM
    Why do the people that have other smartphone brands spend some much time on this forum pledding their case? Why don't they talk about this junk to them selves. I'm sorry but its so sad that we can't get answers or answer someone's question w/out wading thru a sea of BS. It doesn't take 5 minutes of looking for a newbie to come to the conclusion that if the ask a question about a problem their having that they are going to hear that the phone brand is the problem. The point in this forum is to learn and talk about our devices.
    It all boils down to this, plain and simple... they have no life.
    I have a hard enough time justifying the time I spend on forums for things I like. But to waste even more time on a forum for a product you don't like just shows beyond a doubt that the poster's life is so empty and pathetic that they have absolutely nothing better to do. And let's face it, there are a whole lot of better things to do with your time. That's unarguable.

The only other possibility is that they are getting paid to spread the hate.

Either way, it's a sad, pitiful existence.
    12-04-11 04:16 PM
    If you are tired of getting mauled, stop poking the bear. This is not a problem with outsiders; it is a problem with insiders who are militant, mean-spirited, hateful, and rude. Stop pretending this is a board just about helping people with BB issues. This board is about actively campaigning against other platforms. I am convinced that most of the posters here do not love the BB platform as much as they hate Apple. No opportunity to bash or FUD bomb iOS is missed by the reverse trollers. ...
    Are you serious, or did I miss the sarcasm?
    This is a BlackBerry forum. Nobody needs to apologize for being bias toward BB on this forum. There is no such thing as "reverse trolling" that's just a term made up by trolls to deflect/justify their own true trolling.

Go on the Android forums and throw a hissy fit every time someone slams BB. See how that works out for ya. Don't forget to tell them about "reverse trolling"
    12-04-11 04:21 PM
    This is a BlackBerry forum. Nobody needs to apologize for being bias toward BB on this forum. There is no such thing as "reverse trolling" that's just a term made up by trolls to deflect/justify their own true trolling.

Go on the Android forums and throw a hissy fit every time someone slams BB. See how that works out for ya. Don't forget to tell them about "reverse trolling"
    Have you ever been on an Android forum? BB's are the furthest thing from anyone's mind..let alone having discussions about them. That's why I still like coming here.. because I can discuss them along with other platforms.
    12-04-11 04:45 PM
    I have a hard enough time justifying the time I spend on forums for things I like. But to waste even more time on a forum for a product you don't like just shows beyond a doubt that the poster's life is so empty and pathetic that they have absolutely nothing better to do. And let's face it, there are a whole lot of better things to do with your time. That's unarguable.

Actually I think it's sad that you took the time to write such a hateful message. Some people might not like RIM and might bash their products but I don't see any of them just straight up demeaning other people.
    moiselles likes this.
    12-04-11 04:59 PM
    Have you ever been on an Android forum? BB's are the furthest thing from anyone's mind..let alone having discussions about them. That's why I still like coming here.. because I can discuss them along with other platforms.
    CB is a very unique community. That is one of the great things about it.

I do agree with the BB users that the hate threads are totally unnecessary and are outplayed. They have been for a while now, but the mods are doing a very good job to eliminate them IMO.

Actually I think it's sad that you took the time to write such a hateful message. Some people might not like RIM and might bash their products but I don't see any of them just straight up demeaning other people.
    Some people think having a life and participating on a forum is hard to do. I guess some people can't multitask as well as their phones.
    12-04-11 05:05 PM

This is what I am talking about. You believe that only the BB wheedling fanatic has a right to be on these boards and that no one could possibly have a legitimate reason to post, especially in FUD, driven, cross platform bashing from the faithful. Your first post is so full of personal attacks and demeaning insults, I don't see why you aren't banned. You are the problem!

Your second post insists that just because this is a BB fan site, that posters have the right to be as rude, arrogant, and insulting to other platforms and their users as you like. Again, this is not a walled garden, but an open forum. Being a fan of one thing does not give you the right to spew hate about everything else. I don't care what kind of board this is, it is most definitely not that, or shouldn't be. You do not have the right to fill a BB centric thread with Apple centric poison. Sew the wind; reap the whirlwind!

If you want a clean board for civil discussion, clean up YOUR OWN DAMN ACT! And be civil all the time. Otherwise, SHUT THE **** UP!
    avt123, tack, phonejunky and 2 others like this.
    12-04-11 05:17 PM
    There is a world of difference between discussing devices and the gleeful RIM bashing that goes on here. There is also a new phenomenon of pro-RIM trolls provoking the anti-RIM trolls.
    To pretend both sides don't exist is disingenuous.

Heather my post was not directed at you. Just happened to fall behind you.
    This post is very true. The bashing easily and frequently goes both ways. There are people on here who creat accounts just to provoke iPhone, android and windows users into debates over platforms. Then you have your diehard apple fans and android fans who impose their devices and thoughts onto blackberry users, and those users on the ropes about switching which always starts an argument.
    12-04-11 06:35 PM
    See your making my point. People think just because you can register for free its aight to bash. Your insight is if you don't want to be flamed then don't for help. Oh yea that makes sense.
    This is not an anti- platform thread. This is an anti disruption thread. But I guess it takes alittle comprehension on your part to understand that.
    12-04-11 06:37 PM
    Some people think having a life and participating on a forum is hard to do. I guess some people can't multitask as well as their phones.
    I know! I just had to cancel an appointment, cooking supper, and going out with some friends so I could get on here and respond to you.
    12-04-11 07:03 PM
    I know! I just had to cancel an appointment, cooking supper, and going out with some friends so I could get on here and respond to you.
    It is insanity! There is no way I can use my mobile phone while being....mobile. lol
    12-04-11 07:06 PM
    What have I missed?

What is very telling of CB in general is this. Go to the Apple or Android sub-foums and guess what? There is no bashing of BB for the most part those forums are filled with members helping members.

Come to the BB side and it is UGLY...........
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 12-04-11 at 07:38 PM.
    12-04-11 07:31 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD