Hey all,

I got this phone as a hand me down from my sister in Aus (I live in the UK) so no manual etc. I unlocked it and it worked fine. I did a factory reset and updated phone, the phone works, it can see my wireless network but if I go to any site other than "Orange" (my uk provider) it says "A communication failure has occurred. The server maybe busy, please try again later or contact your provider if the problem persists."

Is there any chance my phone is trying to use the internet from the provider rather than my wifi? If so can I tell the phone to use my wireless instead? I don't have internet enabled on my orange account?

Thanks in advance for at least reading my very boring question. Any help would be graciously received.

Also I have the 9780 so I cant seem to find the Hotspot thing people are talking about.....
    Last edited by Gormogon; 07-31-12 at 02:23 PM.
    07-31-12 02:08 PM
    First thing I would try, if you haven't already, is turn off the network radio and use only the wifi to make sure the wifi is working properly. Once you have verified that, you should be able to turn off data services for the wireless network connection. Depending on the phone, how you do that could vary. On my 9930, I go into the Networks and Connections.

Hope this helps.
    07-31-12 02:22 PM
    Ok, so the more I research it appears to be a problem with OS6 it is constantly trying to connect via my phone service to the internet rather than using my wireless.

I'm not sure what I can do other than roll back to earlier OS.....
    07-31-12 02:42 PM
    check out this thread for how to turn off data services on OS 6. I would assume that if the data services are off, it will fall back to the wifi connection for internet, etc.

Quick Tip
    07-31-12 02:48 PM
    Nope, even tried the "browser push" disabling technique followed by a cold boot, nothing.

Not sure what to do, I've tried EVERYTHING.

Woe is me.
    07-31-12 02:56 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
    07-31-12 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD