- CrackBerry Addict
11-30-12, 03:24 AM #2
- 881 Posts
Data roaming will be usable, but advisable to use a local prepaid SIM with BIS plan. Cheaper that way. If you intend to do roaming, make sure you call Maxis and let them activate it. I have used my digi BB9900 in Australia, South Africa and numerous other parts of the world with a local SIM without any issue.
- 11-30-12, 06:07 AM #4
Yes you will be able to use your 9800 in the US. I was in Malaysia back in august/september from canada. I used my unlocked Rogers 9900 and got a MY Maxis SIM card. It worked great unless i was getting close to the singapore causeway and it started roaming onto Singtel (I was in Johor Bahru). If you are on maxis i would suggest getting an AT&T SIM card.
- By d5115r in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 27Last Post: 01-17-10, 12:06 AM
- By louis0nfire in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 7Last Post: 06-03-09, 11:39 PM
- By stuartp in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 7Last Post: 08-29-08, 10:31 AM
- By hayotammling in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 4Last Post: 08-25-08, 11:38 AM
- By aramb in forum SprintReplies: 3Last Post: 07-23-08, 12:01 AM