Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can I use my Samsung Galaxy Tab charger with my BB 9700?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab. The charger supplied has a USB port and outputs 5V, 2A. (product number ETA-P10JBEG)

My BlackBerry 9700 charger outputs 5V, 0.7A. (And I believe that a standard USB port on a computer outputs 0.5A.)

Can I use the Samsung charger with my BlackBerry 9700? Is there any risk of it causing damage to my BlackBerry device or battery by using the 2A USB port?

Thanks,
    Ken
    Last edited by kenm_uk; 08-02-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    you probably aren't going to get it

I've used the chargers for my Amazon Kindle, My Wife's LG Dumbphone, and my Motorola H710 Bluetooth headset to charge my 9780 with ill effects.
    Why was God able to create the world in 7 days? He didn't have an installed base!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Tiassa View Post
    I've used the chargers for my Amazon Kindle, My Wife's LG Dumbphone, and my Motorola H710 Bluetooth headset to charge my 9780 with ill effects.
    Thanks for your comment. My Amazon Kindle charger outputs 0.85A. My Sony Ericsson Bluetooth charger outputs 0.55A. These are not very different from the BB charger; I am more curious to know if using a very different (ie 2A) charger might cause problems.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

I use my 1.8A Playbook charger for my 9650 on recommendation from Crackberry Kevin (see article below). It works great and I have not seen any ill effects.

CrackBerry Tip: Use the BlackBerry PlayBook Travel Charger to charge your BlackBerry Smartphone TWICE as FAST! | CrackBerry.com
    Motorola Razr Maxx HD
    Playbook 16gb WiFi tablet

We all know life ain't fair, why not admit it? Don't just sit around, go out and GET IT.
    CrackBerry User

I have asked many tech experts this same question and they have all told me that there wont be any damage to the blackberry. I personally prefer using my galaxy tab charger for my blackberry because it charges much faster, which is obviously more convenient.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

I've used my playbook charger to charge my Samsung infuse. It charges really fast :P.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

I've used my Kindle charger for two years to charge my Storm. Works great!
    New White Q10 (First physical keyboard!)
    Beautiful White Z10, 64GB Playbook (2)
    Galaxy Note II
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by InnerChild View Post
    I've used my Kindle charger for two years to charge my Storm. Works great!
    Thanks. However a Kindle charger is only 0.85A versus a BlackBerry charger's 0.7A so there is little difference in the two. The bigger issue is whether there are any ill effects from using a 2A (e.g. Samsung) charger. But it sounds like no one has reported any problems with doing so. Thanks all.