Can I use my Bluetooth to chat on my pc with others? This is probably a stupid question so please forgive me but at the price of these things I see no reason why we should not be able to use them as a wireless headset. Thanks for any input as always fellow crack members.

WM
    11-02-08 08:40 PM
    I am a bit confused here. Do you mean if you bought a Bluetooth dongle for use with your phone-to-PC use if you can use that Bluetooth dongle for other uses like chatting and game usage? If so the answer is yes.

Now if you mean using the actual phone as a headset through a phone-to-PC bluetooth connection well then I am not sure. And why on Earth would you want to do that?

For reference I use a Cirago BTA-3200 v2.0 Bluetooth adapter (dongle) which comes with Toshiba bluetooth drivers and software. I currently use it for the phone, my Plantronics 925 (the headset is set up for dual use on phone and on PC for chatting) and with my diNovo. No real connection issues or slow transmission. BT is obviously perfectly capable of handling the loads.
    11-04-08 02:08 AM
    Thanks Daka you answered my question and I did a little research. I appreciate it.

WM
    11-04-08 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD