Can one Blackberry ID work in two different phone and network at the same time?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 05:46 AM
    No no!!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 05:58 AM
    Can one Blackberry ID work in two different phone and network at the same time?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you can use your BlackBerry ID on two devices at the same time. Your paid apps, etc., will be available on both devices. However, you cannot be signed into BBM on both devices.
    06-02-15 08:27 AM
    Yes, you can use your BlackBerry ID on two devices at the same time. Your paid apps, etc., will be available on both devices. However, you cannot be signed into BBM on both devices.
    This... My BBID is set up and running on a few more than 2 BB10s right now.

Not directing towards the OP, but I don't know why so many people think they can only have one phone on the same BBID. I've also seen threads where others here will verify this as true. It is completely false.

As mentioned, BBM cannot run on all of my devices simultaneously, but everything else is set up identically.

As for your network (carrier?), just pop your SIM card into whichever device you want to use. I have a few devices that are basically dedicated to use over WiFi including my work Z30. If you are going from nano-sim to micro-sim use a high quality adapter.

Never had a problem and when you want to use your second device, you can just sign on to BBM on that device and everything will switch over.

Edit: Typo from switching to the Z30 from the Passport lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 09:05 AM
    And here is the obligatory link which is remarkably easy to find, believe it or not, on the official BlackBerry website no less :

http://help.blackberry.com/en/blackb...146323142.html
    06-02-15 09:14 AM
    Is there a limit to how many times you can sign on/off between devices with the same BBM ID?..I somehow recall there was some kind of cutoff which is why I think users keep BBM on their primary device only. I'd find switching between the passport and the classic an attractive idea.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 03:13 AM
    Is there a limit to how many times you can sign on/off between devices with the same BBM ID?..I somehow recall there was some kind of cutoff which is why I think users keep BBM on their primary device only. I'd find switching between the passport and the classic an attractive idea.

Posted via CB10
    No limit,you can back and forth to both device

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    07-30-15 04:33 AM
    In response to Pixel's comment, I tried the BlackBerry Passport and Classic switching. It works fine with a single BlackBerry ID, however, I found that I couldn't go more then 2 days with the Classic before I missed the larger screen size and better specs of the Passport.

 Passport Rocks 
    07-30-15 05:19 AM
    Brilliant. Thanks for the confirmation guys. Now I can order a classic to go with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 06:17 AM
    BBM chats will reset, though, as far as my experience goes. :-)
    Any changes there?

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    07-30-15 07:01 AM
    In response to Pixel's comment, I tried the BlackBerry Passport and Classic switching. It works fine with a single BlackBerry ID, however, I found that I couldn't go more then 2 days with the Classic before I missed the larger screen size and better specs of the Passport.

 Passport Rocks 
    Not to mention the risk of damaging the SIM card slot. Something which I have seen happen on a Z10 due to constant SIM swapping.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 09:23 AM
    [QUOTE=Prem WatsApp;11824738]BBM chats will reset, though, as far as my experience goes. :-)
    Any changes there? /QUOTE]

That was my last experience, so you get the contacts but lose the current conversations. A bit inconvenient if you value the BBM thread, just to lose it for a phone switch, more so if it's just for a short time.
    07-30-15 04:21 PM
    Not to mention the risk of damaging the SIM card slot. Something which I have seen happen on a Z10 due to constant SIM swapping.

Posted via CB10
    You could just easily get a new one from your carrier if that happens.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    07-31-15 06:52 AM
    So how does this affects BlackBerry Protect? Will the two different devices appear on BB Protect console?

"I am the the Way; I am the Truth, and Life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6
    07-31-15 07:00 AM
    So how does this affects BlackBerry Protect? Will the two different devices appear on BB Protect console?

"I am the the Way; I am the Truth, and Life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6
    Yes, they do. One device is shown on the left side of the page. There's a drop-down beneath it that lets you select any additional devices with the same BB ID.
    07-31-15 07:18 AM
    Yes, they do. One device is shown on the left side of the page. There's a drop-down beneath it that lets you select any additional devices with the same BB ID.
    Thanks for the info.

07-31-15 09:14 AM
    No problemo.
    07-31-15 11:14 AM
    When I tried using the same BBID on my Torch 9810 and Bold 9900, I got a message saying that my email, contacts etc. would be associated with the 9900 but not the Torch . What am I missing? Thanks !
    11-14-17 07:42 PM
    I had no trouble using my bbID on multiple devices for email and paid apps but as others have stated you can only associate one device at a time to your bbm ... I haven't used a bb7 device in a very long time tho
    11-14-17 08:44 PM
    Unlike all what said here, I could not sign in to my new device with my old BB ID. Can anybody help?

I lost my Passport and purchased a new one and first set another BB ID on it. But I need to use my old BB ID on my new Passport.
    When I try to change BB ID, It say: The username is already in use. Enter a different username.

On Passport
    07-17-18 12:01 PM