newbie here. I saw the curve at Verizon store and loved it. But they won't sell it without a data plan. I don't need to go online. Can I buy one somewhere to use as just a phone with sms?
    05-15-08 12:14 AM
    Verizon rules .... ouchies. Come over to the GSM side or Sprint. I'm not sure if they let you activate without a data plan. Contact customer care.
    05-15-08 12:15 AM
    sprint will but i wouldnt recommend it...without a plan data is 0.03/kb and that can rack up in a hurry...you cant really experience the power of blackberry devices without data!!! opt for data
    05-15-08 12:28 AM
    to get the special price on a blackberry with sprint or att you have to activate it with a data plan otherwise the instant rebate voids itself and you end up paying up to $100 more. you CAN however wait a month and have the blackberry package removed from your plan. i don't recommend doing this since the primary draw of a blackberry is the internet and email capabilities.
    05-15-08 12:50 AM
    Why would you want a blackberry with out data, its just silly
    05-15-08 12:57 AM
    The reason I want it is because it's the only verizon phone I have seen that has fonts big enough for me to see without my glasses and has bluetooth and a qwerty keyboard not to mention music, video etc
    05-15-08 01:12 AM
    The reason I want it is because it's the only verizon phone I have seen that has fonts big enough for me to see without my glasses and has bluetooth and a qwerty keyboard not to mention music, video etc
    The Pearl does not have a QWERTY keyboard, it has a SURETYPE keyboard. Get the phone with the Data Plan, then cancel the Data portion after a month.
    Welcome to the Crack!
    05-15-08 03:46 AM
    The Pearl does not have a QWERTY keyboard, it has a SURETYPE keyboard. Get the phone with the Data Plan, then cancel the Data portion after a month.
    Welcome to the Crack!
    Uh, the OP mentioned getting the curve, not the pearl. Also, you can't cancel the data portion after a month. You can't cancel the data portion, period. That is as long as you are using a BB device on Verizon.
    05-15-08 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD