My server for my work accounts "shuts down" between 1 and 4 a.m. so it invalidates my account on BIS daily. I have to validate the account everyday to get it working again. Is it possible to adjust the options on that account so BIS stops pushing emails between a certain time period?
    02-21-08 05:11 PM
    You could just turn off the phone nightly or turn off data services.
    02-21-08 05:18 PM
    Yeah, I thought about that but I want all my other emails to continue to push. I just want to shut down the account before the server goes down so I don't have to validate it daily.

You could just turn off the phone nightly or turn off data services.
    02-21-08 06:13 PM
    Option > auto on/off > enable or disable at whatever time you choose. hope this help.
    02-22-08 11:47 AM
    Just schedule your phone to turn off at a certain time and than turn back on in the morning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-08 01:25 PM
    I thought about setting the auto on/off but that turns off the phone too and I'm afraid I will miss any emergency type of calls. I just want to disable that account for a couple of hours but keep everything else.
    02-23-08 03:24 AM
    turning off data services would probably be your best route then
    02-23-08 04:05 AM
    You will not be able to just disable BIS. You'll have to turn off your Berry or turn off the wireless service. Sorry!!!

02-23-08 04:59 AM
    turning off data services under Mobile Network disables email, PIN, MMS messages and browser services, leaving only phone and SMS. cant hurt to try i say
    02-23-08 05:17 AM
    You will not be able to just disable BIS. You'll have to turn off your Berry or turn off the wireless service. Sorry!!!

Eh, check again. You can turn off data by go to options then mobile network then change options to right of data services.
    02-23-08 05:09 PM
    ... I just want to shut down the account before the server goes down so I don't have to validate it daily.
    ok, what are you talking about???
    02-23-08 09:49 PM
    Yes data on the Pearl can be disabled. I figured that out when I didn't have a data plan for a few months and I wanted to get rid of the annoying banner at the top of my phone.
    02-24-08 12:17 AM
    Also, if it's that important, you can go to the BIS site for your account and uncheck the box that says "forward messages to handheld."
    02-24-08 12:18 AM
    You also could remove the account from BIS and the setup forwarding on the account to just forward all email to ure @*.blackberry.net account. Then you just do not have to worry about data services and such...

Just a thought

02-24-08 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD