The battery died on my Curve yesterday, so I plugged it in and tried to make a call. I was quite surprised to find that I was not able to make a call while the phone was charging. I have never seen this before with any other mobile phone. Does anyone know if you should be able to make calls while the Curve is charging?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    E.
    06-26-08 07:03 AM
    Under normal conditions, yes - you can use the BB while it's charging. It's possible that it was just too low to use even while plugged in. You really shouldn't let the battery die completely, frequent top-offs are best for the battery.
    06-26-08 07:21 AM
    OK, thanks. I believe there is an issue with my battery in general - I can't go more than 8 hours (w/ no heavy usage) without charging. After reading several threads about battery issues, this seems to be the problem. Thanks for your response!
    06-26-08 07:24 AM
    I have never had a Problem Talking on my BB while connected to the Charger.
    06-26-08 07:45 AM
    The battery died on my Curve yesterday, so I plugged it in and tried to make a call. I was quite surprised to find that I was not able to make a call while the phone was charging. I have never seen this before with any other mobile phone. Does anyone know if you should be able to make calls while the Curve is charging?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    E.
    There were emails circulating a while back about doing that type of dare devil stuff. It's highly advised not to do that while your Berry is charging nor surfing data!! Any other application is fine as long as you're not talking or no data. It will also kill your battery life very quick!! I'm a witness to that because it has happened to me. if you want to gain a deformity, keep it up!!
    06-26-08 08:07 AM
    i had that problem on other phones when the battery is low
    i try to keep my berry topped off
    06-26-08 08:14 AM
    i have to have atleast 1 red bar in the battery meter to be able to make/rec phone calls

with connected to car/wall charger, it needs to charge and have alteast that 1 red bar to be able to make/rec
    06-26-08 09:13 AM
    Yea u can but its not a good idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 09:22 AM
    My friend cant talk while hes chargnig if his battery is really low, for some reason. He has a curve on verizon, but I can with my 8320. x.x
    06-26-08 09:38 AM
    If your battery drops below 10% I believe it won't work. Its like the phone doesn't have enough power to run but it won't turn off just yet lol. This happen to me once and never again because even after I plugged it up it still said radio off and wouldn't do anything as far as calls, texts!, or data for about 25 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 09:47 AM
    06-26-08 10:15 AM
    Theres alot of ignorance here surrounding battery issues it seems
    There are no negative side effects of using your phone in any way while it is charging. of course if the battery is too low it will refuse to make a call, whether it is plugged in or not.
    06-26-08 11:17 AM
    That's what it is if the battery is too low it turns off the "radio" off so no calls or data. It sucks I know. I tuck mine in the wall charger every night.
    06-26-08 11:47 AM
    That's what it is if the battery is too low it turns off the "radio" off so no calls or data. It sucks I know. I tuck mine in the wall charger every night.
    What he said. Yes, if the battery gets low enough, you have to wait for it to at least get enough charge back to do anything. Plus, sometimes, you have to manually go in and turn the radio back on. I've never had any issues with battery memory, so I just always plug in given the chance. If in my car, its plugged in; if at my desk, its plugged in; and every nite, it gets plugged in. Almost never have an issue with battery life.....
    06-26-08 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD