Recently I purchased a 8830 for Sprint, off ebay, and the seller did not include the CD and it seems I am missing some functions, ie email set-up, and from reading alot about the phone a few other things. Now is there anyway I can basically erase everything and start fresh? I went to the Sprint store to get a cd but they didnt have any, and I went to sprint.com and DLed some much stuff I have no idea what any of it is...

Can anyone help me out?
    06-15-08 12:20 PM
    options > security options > general settings > press menu
    select wipe handheld
    06-15-08 12:24 PM
    great Thank You, now is there something I need to do to get started with something I may not have anymore, basically what software do I need to DL onto my phone?
    06-15-08 12:26 PM
    Congrats on your 8830. Here are the answers to your questions...http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/
    Hope this is of help to you.

Welcome to the Crack!
    06-15-08 12:28 PM
    missing the e-mail set-up wiz?? mmm...it should be on there regardless... well, jus wipe it and post back if you have any other problems
    06-15-08 12:29 PM
    I have the setup but aftering reading that you have 3 options for setting it up, I only had 2, setting up for your work and skipping the whole email setup, nothing about creating an email
    06-15-08 12:33 PM
    Try setting it up on your carriers BIS site

You may need to create an account, enter PIN and IMEI

options > status
    06-15-08 01:45 PM
    Yea my mother had the same problem with her Curve when she got it. Didn't have the browser icon either. Called and here's what they told me to do:
    Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table - Register Now

Then they had me call *82 to make sure its programmed. Hope this helped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD