I was just curious if anyone has any experience replacing there broken BB from ebay. A great friend spilled margarita over my phone and the keyboard is busted!! the software/phone still works however the keyboard is straight busted! I took it appart in cleaned/dried it off still no luck.

I was going to replace it with a similar 8300 off eBay, is there anything i need to look for when buying a replacement?

I have my sim card intact, and have backed my data up on the computer.

My real question is if i buy a new/slightly used phone off ebay will i be able to pop my sim card in and sync it up with my computer and be mobile again?

Is it that easy?
    11-30-07 07:48 PM
    You can place your sim card into any GSM phone in the US and it should work like your old phone as long as the phone is unlocked. It will also work on an unlocked phone from your carrier. Just make sure you know the carrier the phone came from.
    11-30-07 08:04 PM
    so as long as i buy a phone with at&t on it i should be good to go?
    11-30-07 08:08 PM
    yep I have bought 2 different BB's from ebay and they work great
    11-30-07 08:13 PM
    I purchased my Curve on ebay. Ebay Tip - Always ask specific questions from the seller, and check for number of positive responses vs negative. I hope this helps.I'm becoming a Crack-aholic!
    11-30-07 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD