Hello I am going to inherit a lovely bold 9700. I already has the classic. But from time to time i would like to rock the bold 9700. Is it possible to do so? I know they use different sim card sizes (bold regular sim and classic nano sim). Are there any other issues I will come across?
    02-02-16 03:41 PM
    if you use an adapter i suggest the kind that 'snap in' the card, less chance of having an accidental slip out of the card from the holder, which could cause a problem. the tmobile type is good.

with atnt, all this has worked for me:

micro sim in bold 9900 or curve 9360 both with and without an adapter.
    micro sim in bold 9720 with an adapter.
    micro sim in bold 9790 with an adapter.
    nano sim in Bold 9900 with an adapter.
    nano sim in curve 9360 without an adapter (! just a fluke i think, now i am using it with an adapter.)

switching card back to Classic was no problem. switching micros back to BB10 Z10, Z30, Q5, Z3 no problem.

havent tried nano to micro adapter yet, worried about the push in slot thing working right with it.

the nano sim is thinner than the micro, so using it without an adapter requires centering it perfectly over the sim pins, kinda tricky and might not work, requires use of something pointy (like pin or tip of knife) to maneuver it and get it out. the 9900 simply couldn't 'feel' its presence without an adapter, not enough pressure i think.

just always be careful and not in a hurry when using an adapter, they are known to break sim pins if they separate from the card in the phone holder.

atnt thinks i am a pest (or worse?), and once or twice when i started doing this i had to call them but now it works automatically, sometimes takes a number of minutes before the phone's figured out what happened.

bonus for me: hot swiping the nano back to my Classic killed the 2-bar LTE-only lock that atnt had on the phone, works great now, and i think the trick is to never turn off or restart the Classic with the simcard in it. (they wouldnt unlock that setting for me when i had asked several times.)

edit to add, as much as i hate atnts policies and tactics, i have never had their employees be rude to me, they are simply following the rules they have to follow as instructed.
    Hello I am going to inherit a lovely bold 9700. I already has the classic. But from time to time i would like to rock the bold 9700. Is it possible to do so? I know they use different sim card sizes (bold regular sim and classic nano sim). Are there any other issues I will come across?
    If you create a copy of your BlackBerry Classic's Nano SIM card (onto a Micro SIM) and insert it into the Bold 9700, you should be good to go.

It's important to note that, not all Apps present on the Classic will be available on the Bold. But your basic calls, texting and instant messaging apps (EG WhatsApp) will all be the same and should work with no issues.

BBM will require a BIS service to work though.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    02-03-16 01:01 AM
    You will also need a BIS plan to receive Blackberry's push services like BBM.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 01:06 AM
    I don't use BBM. Without a bis plan will I still be get emails and texts? And how would I copy a Sim? Thank you

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 02:42 AM
    Sorry. But does a micro Sim work on the bold 9700? My classic has a nano. And from what I read the bold uses a regular Sim. Can I use an adapter? Thanx again.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 02:45 AM
    if you use an adapter i suggest the kind that 'snap in' the card, less chance of having an accidental slip out of the card from the holder, which could cause a problem. the tmobile type is good.

with atnt, all this has worked for me:

micro sim in bold 9900 or curve 9360 both with and without an adapter.
    micro sim in bold 9720 with an adapter.
    micro sim in bold 9790 with an adapter.
    nano sim in Bold 9900 with an adapter.
    nano sim in curve 9360 without an adapter (! just a fluke i think, now i am using it with an adapter.)

switching card back to Classic was no problem. switching micros back to BB10 Z10, Z30, Q5, Z3 no problem.

havent tried nano to micro adapter yet, worried about the push in slot thing working right with it.

the nano sim is thinner than the micro, so using it without an adapter requires centering it perfectly over the sim pins, kinda tricky and might not work, requires use of something pointy (like pin or tip of knife) to maneuver it and get it out. the 9900 simply couldn't 'feel' its presence without an adapter, not enough pressure i think.

just always be careful and not in a hurry when using an adapter, they are known to break sim pins if they separate from the card in the phone holder.

atnt thinks i am a pest (or worse?), and once or twice when i started doing this i had to call them but now it works automatically, sometimes takes a number of minutes before the phone's figured out what happened.

bonus for me: hot swiping the nano back to my Classic killed the 2-bar LTE-only lock that atnt had on the phone, works great now, and i think the trick is to never turn off or restart the Classic with the simcard in it. (they wouldnt unlock that setting for me when i had asked several times.)

edit to add, as much as i hate atnts policies and tactics, i have never had their employees be rude to me, they are simply following the rules they have to follow as instructed.
    02-03-16 09:11 AM