I've got a stereo bluetooth headset, but I would like the convenience of a in ear headset (currently choosing between BlueAnt z9i and BlueAnt V1).

I can listen to mediaplayer audio perfectly well with my sonorix c3 stereo headset device. Can I do the same with the BlueAnt???
    10-21-08 10:56 AM
    That sounds a little confusing...if your bluetooth headset is stereo bluetooth, the media will play into it..regardless of manufacturer.
    10-21-08 01:50 PM
    OK, let me clarify. I want to know if media being played in mediaplayer will be routed to the BlueAnt V1 or x9i headset.

I know that this works for my Sonorix C3 stereo bluetooth headset, I just want to verify that the same is true for a non stereo headset such as the BlueAnt (before I make the purchase).
    10-21-08 03:02 PM
    No, it must be stereo bluetooth headset.
    10-21-08 04:10 PM
    Rats! I dont want the hassle of two earpieces. just want a single one. any workarounds? can i configure the bb to output mono? will that allow me to listen to both calls and music/streaming radio through the "non-stereo" BT headset?
    10-22-08 09:16 AM
    Update: does the headset need to support A2DP? Is that what I'm looking for?

Also, all sounds will be coming from the built in media player on OS 4.5. Does this necessarily only route to A2DP or stereo headsets?
    10-22-08 12:09 PM
    Some conflicting information. Just called radioshack and the guy there said that he can listen to his MP3 player through his BlueAnt z9i headset. I didn't think this was possible since the z9i does not support the A2DP protocol.

Can someone please clear this up?
    10-22-08 01:12 PM
    I use a Dell BH200 Bluetooth Stereo Headset. The sound from Media Player is awesome and I can take and initiate calls from it with great sound on both ends. The mic is built in to one of the earpieces and is not visible... they look just like a regular over the ear and behind the neck kind of headset, without wires. Very comfortable and charges off the same mini-USB as my bb.
    10-22-08 02:30 PM
    Also look into the Motorola S9
    10-23-08 02:44 PM
    Also look into the Motorola S9
    Thanks, I've got a stereo bluetooth headset (Motorola SoundPilot) that works great. I'm just looking for a single earpiece solution that I can wear all the time and listen to podcasts while keeping an ear open...
    10-24-08 01:57 PM
    Take a look at the Jabra BT530 http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=x5xe8kbc. It's A2DP. Works fine with my Bold.
    10-25-08 03:37 PM
    I can listen to music from Media Player on my Jabra BT8040....
    01-12-09 01:11 PM
    Has anyone had audio issues like these with bluetooth fm transmitters. for example I have a Motorokr T505 and it will transmit fm when my 8830 W.E. is playing an mp3 from the default media player but it will not transmit fm when i play .3gp video. the blackberry allows it to come out of the handset or speakerphone only.

Cheers,
    Megaman20
    01-14-09 11:57 AM
    The 8830 canNOT transmit sounds from videos to a Bluetooth headset. Apparently, "lip sync" issues would result. I have read that BB's newer units might be able to accommodate this feature.
    01-14-09 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD