At work we have a BES hooked up to MS Exchange. My BB doesn't sync when little changes happen, such as marking a message as read on the phone or moving a message to a folder in Outlook. I'm sure this is for a very good reason - it improves battery life by reducing communications for tiny little changes.

However, I don't have any battery life concerns, and I'm pretty OCD, so I would like to see any change made in Outlook appear on my BB as quickly as possible and vice versa. Message moved? Sync. Message read? Sync. Message sent from Outlook? Sync so it shows up in my Sent messages on my BB.

I realize this may not be possible, and it's not a huge problem if I can't have it work this way. But sometimes I'm on the run and working on my laptop over a bad 3G connection, and seeing those changes on my BB is my assurance that they reached the Exchange server. At other times I use my BB to read, delete, and sort messages so I don't have to worry about them when I get to my desk, and I'm tired of hitting Reconcile Now. With GMail and my Android phone, changes usually show up both on the phone and on the web UI in under a minute, without me forcing a manual sync. Any idea for making my BB sync for as many changes as possible would be appreciated.
    02-15-11 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD