I have a profile set that i use at night so no sounds go off for anything (but the alarm) - but I want to set 2 or 3 contacts that I would like only their calls to come through when everything else is silenced. Is this possible? I have a blackberry curve 8530. I tried to adjust this under "custom ringtones/alerts" in contacts but still couldn't get it to work.

Thanks !!
    02-12-10 10:21 PM
    02-12-10 10:47 PM
    Berger, I don't think that link is what the OP is looking for?
    02-12-10 10:54 PM
    I've never heard of any feature or app that allows you to pass designated callers through your profile settings. Maybe someone else has, but I've heard of it.
    02-12-10 11:11 PM
    Yes it is possible.
    I have my phone on vibrate but.... When my wife calls, the phone rings.

Goto "Sounds"
    Then "Set Contact Alerts"
    Then "Add Contact Alert"

Then set a ringtone or whatever for the contact.
    You can set custom vibrate options, rings, etc.
    02-12-10 11:59 PM
    I have a profile set that i use at night so no sounds go off for anything (but the alarm) - but I want to set 2 or 3 contacts that I would like only their calls to come through when everything else is silenced. Is this possible? I have a blackberry curve 8530. I tried to adjust this under "custom ringtones/alerts" in contacts but still couldn't get it to work.

Thanks !!
    If you set custom ringtones for those contacts and set your profile to silent, you will still hear the ringtones for those contacts. The alarm will also ring if you use the silent profile.
    02-13-10 12:19 AM
    BlackBerry 101 - Creating Profiles and Notifications

Go to the section for "Creating Exceptions" It will do precisely what you need.
    02-13-10 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD