Nice forum folks!

I am a new member, and I don't yet have a Blackberry.

I found the forum by way of researching Pre- the soon to be unveiled Sprint device.

I presently carry 2 dumb phones. One is for personal use and one is for business use.

Is it possible to have 2 phone numbers for the same phone, so that I do not have to carry 2 phones?

I am with Verizon. One of my phones (numbers) is set-up with a contract. The other is prepay.

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to offer this plebe some advice

Ted_IL
    04-12-09 07:07 PM
    I know some European phones have the ability or 2 sim cards, but don't believe both numbers will work at the same time.

If you have 2 CDMA lines(Verizon), you prob won't have this option at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 07:13 PM
    Get a skype-in-out account for your personal phone number. It will cost you about $55/yr ($25 for the skype account and $30 for the number).

Then set the skype account to forward all calls to your blackberry. When someone calls the skype number it goes right to your blackberry.

The only downside is that the blackberry shows the call as coming from your skype number, rather than the number of the person who is calling.

The skype in-out service when used from a landline or cell phone is very clear and reliable and nothing like the crappy skype-to-skype call, or the so-so skype-to landline calls.
    04-12-09 07:24 PM
    Not sure if BlackBerry Mobile Voice System would work in your case but take a look.
    BlackBerry - Mobile PDA - BlackBerry Internet Voice Telephony at BlackBerry.com
    04-12-09 07:42 PM
    as far as i know you can have more then one on a dumb phone. (if u check ur number u will see the amount of lines available) i dont know about a blackberry.
    04-12-09 08:23 PM
    I know that some carriers offer call fwding but I don't know how that wks if you have a prepaid. Are they both verizon ph's?

I have alltel and I've fwded my wk to personal and vice versa on occasion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 10:49 PM
    Could also use google voice....
    04-12-09 10:55 PM
    yup i was going to suggest google voice as well. you get assigned a number, and the calls to that number get routed to your phone. i don't know if they're giving out numbers at this point (unless you had one when they were grand central), but it's an option in the future.
    04-12-09 11:01 PM
    Yes both of the phones are Verizon.

I can tell you this:
    I have a third land line business phone number. On this land line i do hav call forwarding. I often forward my land line calls to my contract phone. This works like a charm. Both the landline and the contract numbers ring on the contract cell phone- very handy. But with the little cheap prepaid, that service is not available as far as I can tell.

Thanks everybody for your time and input.

Any other suggestions?

Ted_IL
    Last edited by Ted_IL; 04-13-09 at 07:38 AM.
    04-13-09 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";