-----

Actually I want to ask 2 question:

1) Can I get a weekly reminder for 6pm every Friday for an obligation I have on every Friday of the year?

2) Do our BB's have the time of day shown in other countries that I can see quickly?

-----
    06-08-08 12:49 PM
    1) Yes. Just set up a recurring appointment for every Friday at 6:00 pm.
    2) You can select any time zone you want for your BB. The time zone selection shows you the offset from GMT for every time zone. The BB doesn't have a native app that shows multiple clocks in different time zones, though I am sure you can find one at Handango.
    06-08-08 12:55 PM
    -----

Thanks JeffH, but what does this mean.... "The time zone selection shows you the offset from GMT for every time zone."

I'll go see if I can set up that alarm, maybe I didn't dig into the menus far enough.

-----
    06-08-08 02:16 PM
    -----

I ran into a problem. On the alarm 'Help', it says I can set the alarm for daily or weekdays only. Those appear to be the only options. Is there a way to set it for Fridays only? And if I do, can I have it go off at other times too, or just for that one time?

-----
    06-08-08 02:29 PM
    I would suggest you read the getting started guide for your blackberry. It can be found http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliver...330_BB_Zen.pdf

The section under 'Start Using Your Device' - 'Schedule an Appointment' explains how to set a recurrence.

You can also find more detailed instructions in the unabridged BlackBerry manual User Guide
    06-08-08 02:34 PM
    ... and since I am sure you're going to come back that you don't want to sift through the manual... the section on recurrences can be found Recurrence fields
    06-08-08 02:37 PM
    ...but what does this mean.... "The time zone selection shows you the offset from GMT for every time zone."...
    It's just a way you can tell what time it is, anywhere in the world. For example, if I set an appointment for ET (GMT-5), the drop down box shows that Caracas is 1 hour later (GMT-4) and LA is 3 hrs earlier, (GMT-8). Not as convenient as having four separate clocks, all set to their respective time zones, like you used to see in the background shots of TV newrooms!
    Last edited by JeffH; 06-08-08 at 02:46 PM. Reason: corrected quoting
    06-08-08 02:46 PM
    Try this. Get the WorldMate travel software. It has an optional monthly fee (b/c of an integrated synced website and push services), but u can use it free. It give you 4-5 "world clocks" that show u current times in cities u set all over the world. It is also very nice if you fly even if u don't pay for the "gold" live services.

As for the reminders, I belive u set a daily reminder (only for friday) and then set it to repeat every week. Atleast that's as best as my memory recalls a few beers in sitting here at the bar in Orlando's Airport haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 04:34 PM
    To set the reminder, do it in your Calendar. Set the appointment and the time at which you wish to be notified, and set the recurrance to "Weekly"

PS: 100th post, whoo
    06-08-08 04:46 PM
    -----

Thanks CTenn, that works. And thanks, Atreeves for the suggested software for world time. I'll give that a shot.

-----
    06-08-08 11:40 PM
    You can also set a recurring TASK reminder if you don't want it to be clogging up your schedule on your calendar.
    06-09-08 08:35 AM
    Or if you just want a reminder, and not a false appointment, you could set it up as a task in your ToDo List. This also shows up in your calendar and you have a little more control (you can set the time in one minute intervals instead of 15, etc...). Set the due date to next Friday at 6, with a relative reminder (x min before appt) and a weekly recurrence, every faraday, set and end date, and your set. One drawback is that you next reminder will not show up in the calendar until you mark your previous one as completed.

EDIT:
    You can also set a recurring TASK reminder if you don't want it to be clogging up your schedule on your calendar.
    Ya beat me to it...
    06-09-08 08:44 AM
    -----

This is good info. Thanks!

-----
    06-09-08 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD