Hi everyone, I had a weird doubts about the security in BlackBerry Link and the encryption process in memory card. Condition 1: my device and memory card is encrypted. If my device failed to respond in my own hands, then how can I decrypt and access my Mem card?
    Condition 2: what is sign in option in BlackBerry Link? It's taking backup and restore without sign in with BlackBerry ID. In that case, anyone connects phone can take my backup to their phone. Is it can happen?
    Condition 3: option observed in BlackBerry Link "sync" it's very good option to save our pictures and media files. But, when I accidentally open BlackBerry Link without connecting phone, it's showing all my pics and videos but not documents. How can we protect that?
    Condition 4: Can BlackBerry Link can sync memory card files?
    Condition 5: what is the use of sign in button in BlackBerry Link? When it doesn't ask me anytime.:Rockon:

Your answers would be appreaciated..
    03-06-15 01:58 PM
    Condition 1: my device and memory card is encrypted. If my device failed to respond in my own hands, then how can I decrypt and access my Mem card?

You would have automatically lost your data, since the decrypt key is on the phone only.

Condition 2: what is sign in option in BlackBerry Link? It's taking backup and restore without sign in with BlackBerry ID. In that case, anyone connects phone can take my backup to their phone. Is it can happen?

Your phone is the sign in. When a device password is set, you need to enter it to establish a conection. Every device and every backup are encrypted. As far as I remember, Backups only work on the specific device.

Condition 3: option observed in BlackBerry Link "sync" it's very good option to save our pictures and media files. But, when I accidentally open BlackBerry Link without connecting phone, it's showing all my pics and videos but not documents. How can we protect that?

Not possible, since pics and vids are not seen as device specific data. Your Notebook is being treated as a trusted device, since you allow your data to be stored on it.

Not sure.....

Condition 5: what is the use of sign in button in BlackBerry Link? When it doesn't ask me anytime.:Rockon:

The sign in option allows you to add another notebook to your BlackBerry device list, making it possible to access the files from the notebook on your phone

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 02:17 PM
    Hi everyone, I had a weird doubts about the security in BlackBerry Link and the encryption process in memory card. Condition 1: my device and memory card is encrypted. If my device failed to respond in my own hands, then how can I decrypt and access my Mem card?

Your answers would be appreaciated..
    A few answers:
    2)When I connect phone to Link, I have to type in my device password... don't you?

3) If you "sync" files to and from the PC, they will of course be somewhere on the PC, and these are the ones you're seeing in BB Link.

5)When you sign in, you can access your files on your PC remotely, as long as your PC is connected to the internet.

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-06-15 02:19 PM