Hello Crackworld, I am new here so please bear with me. I received my Classic in the mail a few days ago and I love it...except that I am having trouble sideloading Snap. I need to have Instagram installed on my phone for work, so if this is not possible I will have to return it and get another iPhone (which I really don't want to do!)

I am following the instructions here to the T:
    http://crackberry.com/how-use-snap-blackberry-1021-install-android-apk-files

First I tried the Sachesi method, but when I open the program it just loads and loads and loads.... I never got to the part where I click install and drag-drop the bar file. I tried several times without any luck.

So I moved on to the longer method...installed Chrome on my mac, plus the extension, plugged in my device, switched to developer mode and visited https://169.254.0.1 (yes, this is the IP address of my phone), and got the dreaded error message. I tried another USB port and the same error message. I also entered the correct IP address in the extension settings (90% sure I did that right) and still got the same error message. I restarted my computer and tried again. No luck.

I am at a loss. Is there another way to do this?
    12-21-15 03:50 PM
    If Instagram is your only concern, just download that APK. Way easier than messing around with everything else.
    12-21-15 06:25 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I actually tried that a couple of ays ago from my phone, and it is just sitting in my downloads. Not sure what to do with it.

Do I download it to my computer first? If so, then what?
    12-21-15 06:52 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

I actually tried that a couple of ays ago from my phone, and it is just sitting in my downloads. Not sure what to do with it.

Do I download it to my computer first? If so, then what?
    Just tap on the apk file.
    12-21-15 06:58 PM
    Yeah, I tried that but the file is "unable to open". That's why I thought maybe I'm supposed to download it to my computer or something....This is such a bummer.
    12-21-15 07:49 PM
    Yeah, I tried that but the file is "unable to open". That's why I thought maybe I'm supposed to download it to my computer or something....This is such a bummer.
    What OS are you on? What is the exact name and extension of the file you are trying to install?
    12-21-15 08:08 PM
    Here's the link to the APK that Bla1ze provided: Instagram APKs - APKMirror

Here are instructions on how to install it: How to install an Android app (APK) to a BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    12-21-15 10:01 PM

The file in my download is:
    com.instagram.android_7.13.1.19276019_‎minAPI16(ar meabi-v78)(280.download

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 11:45 PM
    BB-Jam... that's the apk file I downloaded (a few times, actually) but doesn't seem to want to open on my phone.

I'll check out that article you posted and try again tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Oh, and just in case it comes up, I do have permissions for downloading apps from outside sources turned on in my apps manager.

Thanks guys.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 11:53 PM
    Instead of downloading the APK file to your Mac computer, download it with the BlackBerry browser on your phone using the link above and follow the instructions below:

Step 1: Find your APK

Step 2: Get the APK file on your BlackBerry

You can get an Android APK install file on your BlackBerry by visiting the source in your BlackBerry browser (which is the easiest option), e-mailing yourself the file, or moving the file directly from your computer to your phone by plugging them together with a USB cable.

Installing .APK files to BlackBerry

Step 3: Install the APK file from your BlackBerry

If you downloaded the APK from your browser, the Downloads window should have already popped up asking you where you want to save it and what the filename should be; just tap the file when it's done. If the download window isn't there, it's easy enough to get back up. Tap the overflow menu button in the bottom-right (three little dots), and tap Downloads.

If the file was moved to your phone in any other way, you can find it easily by tapping the magnifying glass icon from the home screen at the bottom in the middle and typing ".apk" in the search box at the top. Anything you've moved over should show up under the Documents and Files result. Just tap the one you want to install.

Your Android app should start installing after a short "Processing" indicator. Tap the Install button in the top right, and tap Accept on the pop-up window which informs you of the device permissions that are required for the app to run.

Extra information

The first time you install an .APK, you'll be prompted to turn off a safety setting which otherwise blocks installation of these files. The previous installation screen should return with a handy "Open" button replacing the "Install" button when it's done. At that point, the app will now show up alongside all of your other apps. Just swipe on the home screen from right to left a few times to find the icon and put it in whatever folder or home screen you like. Hold your finger on the icon for a moment to drag it around. Another thing you may want to do is hide the bar at the bottom of the screen. Just swipe down from the top when the app is open, and tap Hide bar.
    12-21-15 11:59 PM
    Thanks for all this info! I did download the apk file to my phone, not my computer, but ill try again in the morning with your instructions. I give up for the night

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 12:28 AM