I have a BB Pearl 8110 with AT&T. It comes with a bunch of apps like shop ringtones/shop apps/shop themes etc. that I don't use. I feel like I could free up some memory by getting rid of these but I can't find it on the desktop manager. Does anyone know if/how I can get rid of these?

(Sorry if this has already come up and thanks in advance for any info!)
    06-13-09 02:36 PM
    It is my understanding that those are just launchers/shortcuts and don't take up much space, if any.
    06-13-09 03:20 PM
    They are probably pushed with the service books if you do even delete them they will return when the service books are pushed again go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Books and see if you see them in there if you do they are pushed with the service books
    06-13-09 03:24 PM
    You have probable noticed, you can not delete them.

I prefer to create a new desktop folder, move them into the folder, then hide the folder.
    06-13-09 03:44 PM
    Thanks for all the info. I definitely hide those icons to clear up the page but didn't know you couldn't delete.

Also, xxw, I did find those in my service book. So if I delete them from there they will still come back is what you're saying?
    06-13-09 05:19 PM
    Thanks for all the info. I definitely hide those icons to clear up the page but didn't know you couldn't delete.

Also, xxw, I did find those in my service book. So if I delete them from there they will still come back is what you're saying?
    They will come back after a battery pull or whenever you send service books.
    06-13-09 05:29 PM
    Well, since I do a soft pull about once every 2 days I guess it wouldn't make much sense to delete

So this is a dumb question but what is a service book for? Sorry, don't know what it is
    06-13-09 05:48 PM
    the service books does something lol
    i just know i resend it when my emails are off
    just hide all the icons like i do
    06-13-09 05:51 PM
    if you debrand it theyre gone, but as said thats alot of trouble when theyre just links and dont take up that much space. just a nuisance.
    06-13-09 05:51 PM
    just hide them
    06-13-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD