I know that doesn't make any sense but bear with me. I like WiFi music sync, I really do. I decide which songs I want to download to my card and when I get back on my home network, it happens automatically. Very cool.

But when I want to NOT have some songs on my card any more, I can't figure out how to remove a song without deleting it from the playlist on my home computer. For example, I loaded up my Halloween music playlist. I won't be needing that for another year but when I highlighted the playlist on my device and deleted it, it wiped out the playlist on my computer. That wasn't exactly what I was going for. I know the "sync" in music sync is short for synchronize, but if I can pick and choose which items to add to my device, I would think I can pick and choose which ones to remove from my device, without affecting anything else.

Am I missing something, or just making bad assumptions?
    11-07-11 04:31 PM
    Well, I think I figured it out. I'll have to do more testing but it looks like I can plug in with a USB cable and use the Media section of Desktop Manager to unselect playlists. That will remove them from the device without causing any damage, I'm just not quite sure about individual songs. Probably, but whatever. Would have been nice to be able to control this from the device itself but this, as always, is better than nothing.
    11-11-11 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD