I have a Curve 8330 from USCC. I would like to change the e-mail signature, but it seems to be frozen. The phone will not let me change it. I'm guessing it is somehow locked by USCC (free advertising on every one of my e-mails). Is there any way I can release this lock so that I can personalize the signature?

Thanks
    08-31-09 06:28 PM
    I had this problem and I thought it was a real problem and I was doing something wrong.

However, I figured it out. Ok, so you make the email account, NOT the same as registering the BB email, but you use the setup wizard to create the email management account. I assume you have done that.

And I also assume you use the BB to log into that account and you cannot change it, right? That is the funny thing... you can't do it from a BB. You need to use a PC tolog in and change it.

Strange I know, but it seems to work. Myself and many people from work who got BB's (via my prodding haha) found this to be true. So use a PC to log in and change the default signature.
    08-31-09 07:02 PM
    I had this problem and I thought it was a real problem and I was doing something wrong.

However, I figured it out. Ok, so you make the email account, NOT the same as registering the BB email, but you use the setup wizard to create the email management account. I assume you have done that.

And I also assume you use the BB to log into that account and you cannot change it, right? That is the funny thing... you can't do it from a BB. You need to use a PC tolog in and change it.

Strange I know, but it seems to work. Myself and many people from work who got BB's (via my prodding haha) found this to be true. So use a PC to log in and change the default signature.
    Thanks radius, I'm sure I sound like an ***** but log into where??? My BB has the signature embedded in the e-mail setup. How do i change this? Where am I logging into?

Sorry, I don't mean to be dense.
    08-31-09 07:23 PM
    Thanks radius, I'm sure I sound like an ***** but log into where??? My BB has the signature embedded in the e-mail setup. How do i change this? Where am I logging into?

Sorry, I don't mean to be dense.
    Here is the link. BlackBerry Internet Service
    08-31-09 07:59 PM
    Found it from some Google work--Log into the account through the USCC site and change it there---thanks.
    08-31-09 08:12 PM
    THanks--It worked
    08-31-09 08:13 PM
    Thanks--It worked.
    08-31-09 08:13 PM
    Sorry I didn't post a link but I am under a time constraint here, making chicken kiev for dinner. Can only post quick things.
    08-31-09 08:23 PM
    Thanks--It worked.
    You're welcome.
    08-31-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD