I never let anyone use my phone, there was one time a lady begged me to use my phone she said it was an emergency. I told her if she gave me the number I would call for her but I refuse to put my berry in her hands. I have friends that always ask to use my phone and I always say heck no. And the rare time I do let them use it I make sure they dial *67 to block my number, I don't need anyone calling me back asking " did someone call me from this number"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 12:59 AM
    Strangers, **** to the no. When I was younger I lent someone my nextel and he really tried to run with my device after slowly walking away pretending he couldn't he his "mom"

Well needless to say, me and 2 out of the 3 I was with had dog chains... Yes, I don't play those disrespectful games.
    Last edited by Jayden0606; 08-25-08 at 09:03 AM.
    08-25-08 09:01 AM
    Never ever! I get real possessive with my bb.
    My daughter always steals it to play brickbreaker though.. drives me NUTS!!
    08-25-08 09:20 AM
    I'm with everyone else, just say no.
    08-25-08 10:18 AM
    Not ever.
    Only my family...never strangers or someone who I couldn't go to their house and find em.

Dm
    08-25-08 10:53 AM
    LMFAO! What kind of people do you hang out with! LOL

Sorry, but I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
    I'm glad that you enjoyed the humor in my post. To answer your question, I'm pretty much a loner, meaning I hang out by myself for the most part. Yes they're some very nasty people out there and if you decide to let someone borrow your Berry, be very very careful. I've had some dirty nasty people before in my life had the nerve to ask me to borrow my Berry. That's how I came up with the humor of the pus bump. As I've said though, it could happen! Keep some lysol or something in your car along with some Febreeze. To make a long story short, JUST SAY NO!!!!!

08-25-08 11:16 AM
    Dial the number for them and while you're holding your phone, let them talk on speaker phone. That's what I do! I lost faith when a friend of mine asked to use my phone and the next day I was getting phone calls talking about "hey, your girl so and so called me...how did she get my ##??" Yeah, I'm cool....

NOw that I think about it...the last time someone was needing a phone, I just sort of ignored them and kept it moving. I know on the Curve under 'options' then 'security' then 'general settings' you can change 'allow outgoing calls while locked' to 'yes'. This will allow them to use the phone but they won't be able to get into the phone while on a call (I've seen this trick tried before, trust me).
    08-25-08 11:24 AM
    You'll let someone use your Berry and wonder why you have a pus bump on the side of your lip all of a sudden. Yes, ugly thought, but it could happen.
    TEARS IN MY EYES!!!! What a great way to start off a Monday morning...with me laughing so hard to myself and my boss hollar "what's so funny?"
    08-25-08 11:30 AM
    Dial the number for them and while you're holding your phone, let them talk on speaker phone. That's what I do! I lost faith when a friend of mine asked to use my phone and the next day I was getting phone calls talking about "hey, your girl so and so called me...how did she get my ##??" Yeah, I'm cool....

NOw that I think about it...the last time someone was needing a phone, I just sort of ignored them and kept it moving. I know on the Curve under 'options' then 'security' then 'general settings' you can change 'allow outgoing calls while locked' to 'yes'. This will allow them to use the phone but they won't be able to get into the phone while on a call (I've seen this trick tried before, trust me).
    I don't know you from Adam or Eve but aren't you the least bit ashamed about that User name you chose? If not I'm ashamed for you along with many other black users on this site. That is just completely inmature when even a woman can't get the N word out of her head and think it's cute to use. You really need to lose that name and register under another one. I'm surprised that this name was even allowed on the site to be honest!!! That was a word originally used for Hate but yet you showing your ignorance think it's cool!! You really need to get a grip!!!

08-25-08 11:39 AM
    I don't know you from Adam or Eve but aren't you the least bit ashamed about that User name you chose? If not I'm ashamed for you along with many other black users on this site. That is just completely inmature when even a woman can't get the N word out of her head and think it's cute to use. You really need to lose that name and register under another one. I'm surprised that this name was even allowed on the site to be honest!!! That was a word originally used for Hate but yet you showing your ignorance think it's cool!! You really need to get a grip!!!

This is WAY off topic, but I can only agree here. There is nothing funny about it. Our forefathers fought and died for us, and you're doing nothing to honor their bravery and blood. It's just plain embarrassing.
    08-25-08 11:43 AM
    If it's a stranger, I usually tell them it costs me money if they make an outgoing call. Once, I said that to a guy on the bus (I didn't want to lend him my phone, he looked a bit creepy), and he was getting off the bus at my stop and mumbled "thanks b*tch!" right behind me. It was scary!

I let people I know use it if they need to. But not strangers.
    LOL, this post reminds me of the Orkin commercial where the bug wants to come into your house........Personally, I let my upstairs neighbor use my BB once, but I stood right there while she did it.....had NO qualms about listening in on her conversation.....as for a stranger--no--if they want a call made, I'd make it FOR them, but they don't get to put hands on my phone--and I felt that way even when I DIDN'T have a bb.
    08-25-08 11:57 AM

While I totally agree with the sentiment, my feeling is that if she wants to show her ignorance, then that's her choice......You and I both know that a LOT of black people think the N word, and variations thereof are ok........
    08-25-08 12:05 PM
    While I totally agree with the sentiment, my feeling is that if she wants to show her ignorance, then that's her choice......You and I both know that a LOT of black people think the N word, and variations thereof are ok........
    You're absolutely correct dlgus in all aspects. It embarrasses me that she even has the gall to even use that term like it's acceptable to ALL blacks. That's where she needs to grow up because it's not acceptable to me at all!!

08-25-08 12:11 PM
    But there's no way she's ingorant! She's quite aware and informed, so there's another term for it. Selfish, insolent, discourteous... I could go on and on!
    08-25-08 12:12 PM
    This is WAY off topic, but I can only agree here. There is nothing funny about it. Our forefathers fought and died for us, and you're doing nothing to honor their bravery and blood. It's just plain embarrassing.
    *****STILL OFF TOPIC*****

49, I could not agree more. Well reasoned and well said!

*****Back on topic*****
    08-25-08 01:01 PM
    I usually let people use my Berry if they need to make a call. I'm a really nice goat. I don't want them leaving my sight though.

Also, I always get compliments on it. Or they say, "That is too much phone for me."

08-25-08 01:09 PM
    Well there is a way to allow calls while your phone is locked. It's in the security settings. That was one of the first things I figured out.
    08-25-08 01:57 PM
    Nobody touch my phone. Point blank period. The girls I talk to cant touch it. They always sya "Greg, you only lock your phone if you have something I shouldnt see".

Exactly. Unless you putting the money on the bill, you get NO action from my phone.
    08-25-08 02:12 PM
    I don't even let my wife use my BB LOL!! I don't think a stranger is going to be using it or anyone for that matter.
    08-25-08 02:19 PM
    Wow! I damn near give my phone to anyone that wants to use it. I have been stranded or left my money behind more times than I can count. So, I can understand the need. And this doesn't mean do what do--I'm a nice guy--, cause I don't wanna hear someone lost their phone because they let some stranger use it.
    Plus, I'm a small guy and if a man really wanted my phone all they gotta do is knock the **** out of me and take it.

08-25-08 03:43 PM
    People just feel liable to go through stuff. I kinda messed this girl head up with the 'no icons" theme. She was like "oh you trying to hide stuff?"

Nah baby, im just playing "hard to get"
    08-25-08 03:47 PM
    F you get your own phone.....what do I look like Ma Bell....NO!
    08-25-08 03:55 PM
    F you get your own phone.....what do I look like Ma Bell....NO!
    lls. Sometimes you gotta tell them that though. The worse is the sneaky people that wait until you leave the room to try to figure out the code.

I know when i left the room the phones backlight wasnt on.. Why is it glowing numbnuts?
    08-25-08 04:03 PM
    You're absolutely correct dlgus in all aspects. It embarrasses me that she even has the gall to even use that term like it's acceptable to ALL blacks. That's where she needs to grow up because it's not acceptable to me at all!!

I'm right there with you......but whaddaya gonna do?
    08-25-08 05:20 PM
    I let my friends occasionally play brickbreaker or guitar hero, or even make the occasional call but they're not educated in the world of blackberries and I keep an eye on them when they play anyway. But a stranger would not even get near my BB.
    08-25-08 05:27 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD