02-26-09 12:54 AM
- I searched I could not find what I was looking for.
I have my Gmail account on the native email app through BIS. I *SWEAR* I used to be able to delete an email and it would delete from my BB and go into my All Mail in Gmail. A week ago I changed my Gmail password and now my deleted messages are going into the Gmail trash. I deleted my Gmail account and started over and it still goes into the trash instead of All Mail.
Am I crazy? Is it possible to archive Gmail straight from the native email app by deleting? I'd rather not use the Gmail app. Can anyone help me out?
(I am on an AT&T Curve 18.104.22.168, IMAP settings as per Google's BlackBerry Help )09-28-08 03:16 PM
- As far as I know, setting up BIS to access your Gmail via POP3 results in messages being deleted when you delete On Mailbox & Handheld. With BIS setup to use IMAP, messages deleted On Mailbox & Handheld would be archived. With the new IMAP tweaks that Gmail allows, IMAP can be configured to work the way that POP3 does.
I actually switched from IMAP to POP3 because I wanted to be able to delete my messages from my BB.10-27-08 09:48 PM
- I too am having this problem--I just set Gmail up for IMAP access in BIS. I have AT&T and had previously used POP3.
I would like the "delete" button on the Blackberry to archive a message in Gmail. I understand that this is how it is supposed to work. It doesn't. Instead, the message is moved to the trash.
I tried adjusting the Google Labs option that lets you do custom IMAP settings. Yet even when I choose "archive deleted messages" the messages I delete on my Curve go to the Trash folder in Gmail.
There is a thread in the Google help group of others with the issue. No solution yet.... (I am too new to post the URL, sorry)11-10-08 12:03 PM
- The step I was missing as to simply not enter your password when setting up the account so you can enter these details...only took me like 1.5 hours to figure this out haha! Follow carefully, and it works!
1. Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
**(1.5) Enable the Advanced IMAP settings in Google Labs and check "Do not automatically expunge messages" and "Archive the message" under the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab.**
2. From your BlackBerry home screen, select the BlackBerry Set-up icon, then choose Personal Email Set-up. (On older devices, just look for the Personal Email Set-up icon.)
3. Select Personal Email Set-up.
4. Accept Terms and Conditions.
5. On the 'Email Account Set-up' page, enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') but leave the 'Password:' field blank. Select Next.
6. You'll see a screen that says 'We were unable to configure [email@example.com].' Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
7. Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), then Next.
8. Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
9. You'll see 'The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [firstname.lastname@example.org] email account.' Select Provide The Settings to continue.
10. In the 'User name:' field, enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com'). Google Apps users, please enter your full email address at your domain. Then enter your password in the 'Password:' field.
11. In the 'Email server:' field, enter 'imap.gmail.com,' then select Next. Google Apps users should enter the server name provided; don't add your domain name in this step.
12. If IMAP access was successfully configured, select OK.
13. Below your newly added Gmail address, select Edit.
14. Select Advanced Settings at the bottom.
15. Make sure the port is set to '993' and 'Use SSL' is set to 'Yes.'
16. Select Save.
There should now be a new mailbox icon on your BlackBerry home screen labeled with your Gmail address. Once you see this icon, follow these steps to ensure proper configuration:
1. Open the mailbox icon.
2. Open the menu by pressing the jog wheel or BlackBerry menu button, then select Options.
3. Select Email Reconciliation.
4. Confirm the following settings:
* Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
* Wireless Reconcile: On
* On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins
5. Select Save.02-26-09 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD