BB continues to lose market share, and customers. Can BB survive, or will the BB be the next Palm OS? The Palm Pilot once dominated the market, but these days you can only find one on ebay.

John
    04-14-12 04:52 AM
    BlackBerry is not loosing customers, they always increase their customer base. They're just not keeping up with the competition anf that reflects in the marketshare.
    04-14-12 05:29 AM
    BlackBerry is a very good company to buy because it is not worth that much as a publically tradded company and they have no/little debt. They will not disappear.
    04-14-12 06:46 AM
    Current OS7 devices are very good but they need phones with bigger screens, faster speeds, and a TATalizing UI...and that's what's coming with BB10...they'll thrive when BB10 is finally launched
    04-14-12 07:19 AM
    Let's hope so. Need to get them out sooner than later.
    04-14-12 07:30 AM
    Current OS7 devices are very good but they need phones with bigger screens, faster speeds, and a TATalizing UI...and that's what's coming with BB10...they'll thrive when BB10 is finally launched
    I wish that were enough. Sadly if they don't have the most heard about apps they will stay a niche device in the consumer market.
    _MissV_ and ubizmo like this.
    04-14-12 07:35 AM
    I wish that were enough. Sadly if they don't have the most heard about apps they will stay a niche device in the consumer market.
    I agree. Since getting my iPhone 4S I have been living in Heaven. For the same price per month I get like 50 x more apps and features. People told me that my browsing issues from before were due to Sprint. However with the iphone Sprint has been great and very fast. Sure there are a few features I miss about the BB but not much. I have 100% compatibility with my iTunes library, and BB did not sync every audio, as only newer songs could be played. Also I am able to type very fast with the on screen keyboard. I was very worried at first, but after 2-3 weeks I got the hang of it and can type faster n my iPhone than I could with the BB keyboard.
    04-14-12 08:08 AM
    One of several things the BB had the advantage was the ability to save VoiceMails, email voicemails, and send location info & maps right from the text message screen. Also BB is better for sending text messages to groups as it was easier to add, edit, etc.. Overall the iPhone blasts the BB, but there are a few features the BB had the advantage.
    04-14-12 08:11 AM
    glad you are happy with the 4s, personally i simply dont think any phone with smaller that 4.3" is worth jumping ship for.. anyway, I have zero issues syncing itunes playlists with the 9930, or android for that matter..

The bigger issue is ecosystem.. with DLNA operating seamlessly across the BB, Android, TV, desktop and laptop, Itunes is outside looking in at the home wifi integration party....

I agree. Since getting my iPhone 4S I have been living in Heaven. For the same price per month I get like 50 x more apps and features. People told me that my browsing issues from before were due to Sprint. However with the iphone Sprint has been great and very fast. Sure there are a few features I miss about the BB but not much. I have 100% compatibility with my iTunes library, and BB did not sync every audio, as only newer songs could be played. Also I am able to type very fast with the on screen keyboard. I was very worried at first, but after 2-3 weeks I got the hang of it and can type faster n my iPhone than I could with the BB keyboard.
    04-14-12 08:15 AM
    I agree. They need to create a good buzz about the phones and get key developers on board to create the same apps for BB.

, I've been pulling for a BB app for this radio station I listen to...and eventually they came out with it.
    04-14-12 08:53 AM
    I agree. They need to create a good buzz about the phones and get key developers on board to create the same apps for BB.

, I've been pulling for a BB app for this radio station I listen to...and eventually they came out with it.
    TuneIn and Nobex can play all the radio stations you want, even podcasts and you can even record live to listen later.
    04-14-12 09:00 AM
    glad you are happy with the 4s, personally i simply dont think any phone with smaller that 4.3" is worth jumping ship for.. anyway, I have zero issues syncing itunes playlists with the 9930, or android for that matter..

The bigger issue is ecosystem.. with DLNA operating seamlessly across the BB, Android, TV, desktop and laptop, Itunes is outside looking in at the home wifi integration party....
    Well the BB did sync the itunes playlists but it was awkward and it would not read every file. Trying playing movies or TV shows on your BB. Also try playing older songs on your BB. iTunes is 100% compatible with the iPhone. iPhone syncs much faster and is a overall smarter phone. BB (other than email and a few other advantages) has little over the iPhone. Yes I admit it did offer more email features such as resending messages, onboard filters, among other things, but I rarely use email these days anyways. The iPhone FaceBook app is 20 times better than the sluggish and limited BB one, that cant post to groups among other things.
    04-15-12 09:18 PM
    TuneIn and Nobex can play all the radio stations you want, even podcasts and you can even record live to listen later.
    Nobex is very limited compared to the iPhone radio app TuneInRadio. I had buffer issues on and off on 3G with the BB, that I almost never have on my iPhone. Cant blame Sprint as my iPhone works flawless on Sprint.
    04-15-12 09:21 PM
    I personally think "BlackBerry" will be around for a while......now RIM, that's a different story.....just my humble opinion
    04-15-12 09:52 PM
    My brother and his wife both have iPhones. Although they are happy with their devices, they cannot stand Sprint. When their contracts are up, they are dumping Sprint like a hot potato.
    04-15-12 10:14 PM
    My brother and his wife both have iPhones. Although they are happy with their devices, they cannot stand Sprint. When their contracts are up, they are dumping Sprint like a hot potato.
    Sprint works fine for me and I have had them since 1999. They are not perfect, but they are reliable. I had many issues with my BB's in my area, but with my iPhone 4S speed is never a problem. I can do all kinds of things, download apps fast, listen to the radio, etc.. I used to think the BB speed issues I had was due to Sprint, but I see clearly know that it was the BB which was the problem and not Sprint.
    04-16-12 09:28 AM
    Just bc RIM isnt #1 doesnt mean its going anywhere.

Dont buy in to all the doom and gloom media hype.
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-16-12 09:52 AM
    People are so uninformed
    when are these threads gonna end.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-16-12 09:54 AM
    BB continues to lose market share, and customers. Can BB survive, or will the BB be the next Palm OS? The Palm Pilot once dominated the market, but these days you can only find one on ebay.
    Then the question is, can Apple survive? If we were to look at past performance of Apple, we would see that without Steve Jobs, they are a rudderless ship. The iPhone 5, that turned into a iPhone 4s was not universally applauded as a good thing. The iPad 3 appeared with the only thing to really brag about is that it's screen has the same resolution as a 1 1/2 year old PlayBook. Then, in a show that the leaders of the company have no faith in the future of Apple, they announce a buy back of stock at the highest point it has ever been. Meanwhile, it is getting trounced in market share by Android phones and China is starting to show cracks in the economy that has the price of labor sky rocketing in the badly publicized slave condition manufacturing plants.

It does look like Apple is about to see the writing on the wall.
    04-16-12 09:54 AM
    Yes I admit it did offer more email features such as resending messages, onboard filters, among other things, but I rarely use email these days anyways. The iPhone FaceBook app is 20 times better than the sluggish and limited BB one, that cant post to groups among other things.
    These threads appear almost every other day, but this is an interesting point. I wonder how many people there are, like you, who use email less and less but communicate mainly via social network platform messaging.

As for the iPhone FaceBook app, it works fine on my BB 9900 by going to Facebook.
    04-16-12 01:49 PM
    The iPhone 5, that turned into a iPhone 4s was not universally applauded as a good thing. The iPad 3 appeared with the only thing to really brag about is that it's screen has the same resolution as a 1 1/2 year old PlayBook.

It does look like Apple is about to see the writing on the wall.
    Aren't both those devices the best selling in their class ever?

Yep, the writing is on the wall.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    04-16-12 01:56 PM
    @OP, you're comparing the Curve 3G to the iPhone4S in your lag comparisons, but the Lag you experiences was much more the fact the Curve 3G had a 528 MHz processor with NO GPU, where your iPhone has I believe dual core 1Ghz, and a dedicated GPU,

The Sprint lag you had before was more hardware limitations as you had an Entry level device and were doing premium level tasks, fortunately you have the iPhone now which can meet those streaming task requirements, that I'm sure a 9930 could do just as well

as for the Future of RIM, and BlackBerry.
    Until BB10 is launched everything is purely speculation, the future of BlackBerry as a Brand is BlackBerry 10, if it flops, BlackBerry Handhelds wont have many more years left in this world I feel
    04-16-12 02:04 PM
    They can for sure. There is more than enough marketshare for everybody out there. Also there is a whole new generation that RIM hasn't been able to get just yet. The Curve should be aimed at High school and Junior High school kids. Hey, why not get them while they are young and upwardly mobile?
    04-16-12 02:41 PM

John
    Bite your tongue, sir.
    04-16-12 02:53 PM
    As discussed wrt RIM putting all their eggs in the BB10 basket.

Having only a single main thrust to save the company is dangerously flawed.

They need a series of BIG dramatic changes, so that if BB10 falters, they have other irons in the fire.

The window to capitalize on BBM licensing is small as the competition is not standing still and BBM could quickly become irrelevant.

Waiting has become the lot of bb fans. It would be nice to see RIM doing something to help themselves, other than waiting for BB10.
    04-16-12 03:26 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD