Very interesting debate.
    I still can't sympathize with iphone users simply because it's locked, overpriced, and insecure environment.
    If anything Android deserves number one because they have done the most of all, the most successfully.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    Apple has the most profits in the mobile sector though, with Samsung not even coming close.

Apple also changed the mobile landscape. Without iOS, no Android as we know it today.
    The early Android was like BBOS.

Combining "insecure" with "iPhone" to then say that Android deserves the number 1 is kinda funny.

Yes, the iPhone is locked down, just like BB10.

No, I wouldn't call them overpriced, apart from the screen size.
    When you buy an Apple iPhone, you buy an overall package.
    Best ecosystem, best app store, best after sale support (updates for 3 year old models counts as well), and some marketleading specs (CPU/GPU/Camera and the fingerprint sensor, for the 5S).

It's the best overall package in the marketplace currently.
    Since other competitors don't even provide such a package, it's hard to call it overpriced for me.
    If you don't need that though, then there is no reason to pay for it.
    That Chinese Android manufacturer that uses Galaxy S5 specs in a 300$ phone, might just be the manufacturer for you.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 12:58 AM
    Blackberry shouldn't worry about the consumer market, they should focus on the BYOD to work and the elimination of that and I think they'll accomplish that with the Passport.
    07-27-14 01:32 AM
    For people who can have both, it's not a competition

For people who don't have that luxury, just depends on if anyone who was previously going to get an iPhone is now inclined to get a Passport, which I would like to believe is true for at least a few people..

Check Out TechCraze
    07-27-14 01:44 AM
    Blackberry shouldn't worry about the consumer market, they should focus on the BYOD to work and the elimination of that and I think they'll accomplish that with the Passport.
    The problem with that assertion is, that consumer electronics and business devices have already merged (in terms of PCs/Smartphones/Tablets).

There already is no well defined threshold/barrier between the two.
    I can play Minecraft on pretty much every corporate owned PC, just as I can use Excel for spreadsheets.
    I can play Candy Crush with my iPhone and order dog food via the Amazon app, just like I can use it to coordinate my business or to give my employees work tools.
    Etc, etc....

Being a one trick pony, probably isn't enough anymore and the Passport won't stop BYOD either.
    BYOD is so successful, because employees are consumers as well, at the end of the day. And a phone that fulfils both business and consumer needs, will be the way to go in the future.

The Apple and IBM partnership should be a very strong indication of this trend to only intensify.

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    07-27-14 01:47 AM
    Specs vs specs doesnt really matter anymore. These phones will all be really darn fast.

Its coming to a point now where choice of phones are completely preference based, not just which one is better. I think that the Passport is a terrific attempt at BlackBerry trying to differentiate itself as a communication first phone. At being unique in this department.

App launcher? iPhone 6. Communication tool? Passport.

Also, rumored specs vs rumored specs is kind of pointless

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 03:41 AM
    I think BlackBerry have a long way to go but the existing BlackBerry 10 devices are bloody good and BlackBerry 10 has matured into arguably the best OS around. With the passport coming out and the advertising surrounding it Hopfully people will take a look at BlackBerry and see how badly they have been misled by some veryunprofessional journalists. BlackBerry WILL recover because of how good their offerings are and the public are going to discover the truth no matter what lies get spread! I absolutely love my Z10 and would love to get a new passport if and when i can afford to ,android are pretty amazing at the moment with their top end handset's but lack security as it is based on open source.Apple just don't exite me the iPhone is nearing end of life and apple needs to find the next great thing. That is not going to happen and the iPhone will slowly start to lag behind, the iPhone 6 is a very good phone but their time at the top is slipping from them and no amount of marketing dollars and underhand methods will stop it. I'm hoping BlackBerry will be the next big thing but there is a lot of competition and who knows, the only thing that's certain is it won't be a bloody i watch!

My lubbly jubbly Z10. Shine on you crazy BlackBerry
    09-06-14 09:52 AM
    The problem with that assertion is, that consumer electronics and business devices have already merged (in terms of PCs/Smartphones/Tablets).

There already is no well defined threshold/barrier between the two.
    I can play Minecraft on pretty much every corporate owned PC, just as I can use Excel for spreadsheets.
    I can play Candy Crush with my iPhone and order dog food via the Amazon app, just like I can use it to coordinate my business or to give my employees work tools.
    Etc, etc....

Being a one trick pony, probably isn't enough anymore and the Passport won't stop BYOD either.
    BYOD is so successful, because employees are consumers as well, at the end of the day. And a phone that fulfils both business and consumer needs, will be the way to go in the future.

The Apple and IBM partnership should be a very strong indication of this trend to only intensify.

Posted via CB10
    The problem with this is that BYOD is causing major trouble. There are a slew of articles about issues with BYOD devices and the MDM systems they use to control them. There are privacy issues on both ends, then fact people have a private phone for work and don't secure it, they loose it and the MDM can't find or wipe it. The MDM causing issues with networks. Ect........

Blackberry is the solution for both, and there isn't anything I do on my PC personal or business that I can't do on my Z10.

Now, that being said we do need options for mobile platforms and they should all be secure (BES10 or 12 when it comes out). But on the end user side not everyone will use BBRY, so again BES10 or 12 would be the option best suited for businesses that have an actual BYOD set up.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 10:54 AM
207 ... 789