I was wondering if you are able to download so many things with a Blackberry, cna it get a virus from something it downloads?
    02-13-08 02:30 PM
    Don't think so. Sorta like Linux. It's not winBlows...
    02-13-08 02:35 PM
    Yes. There was a proof of concept a while ago. The chance of there actually being a virus in the wild, extremely unlikely. Did you search for your answer before posting? I know I've seen this discussed more than once.
    02-13-08 02:44 PM
    Yes. There was a proof of concept a while ago. The chance of there actually being a virus in the wild, extremely unlikely. Did you search for your answer before posting? I know I've seen this discussed more than once.

While I'm sure, that it's plausible, I'm not so sure that it would be a 'problem' per se. Basically, the chances are 'slim'.

So, to his 'general' question, yes...it is 'possible'. For sure, no OS is 100% secure. However, it is 'highly' unlikely.

I added the Linux reference, in there, for that effect. While, Linux is mostly untouchable by virus'es, it's still vulnerable to a certain degree. That's the thing, noone wants to target Linux. Like Linux, I don't see a big target with a bullseye on this OS, either.
    Last edited by Strontium; 02-13-08 at 02:54 PM.
    02-13-08 02:52 PM
    It is possible for a BlackBerry to get a virus, but the odds of that happening are slim to none. You would have better luck getting one on Linux.
    02-14-08 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD