-----

Can the Blackberry Curve download Adobe Reader? The site says these can download Adobe Reader....Palm OS, Pocket PC, or Symbian OS. Never heard of Symbian.

-----
    05-30-08 09:04 PM
    Symbian is the OS in the iPhone and iTouch. New guy on the block, your sure to here more from them.

Adobe Reader lets you open PDF documents. That is very complicated for a mobile device, the professional solution is a service called BeamBerry. Their servers will open the PDF for you and send you a viewable page. It is a subscription service.
    05-30-08 10:30 PM
    I can open pdf docs with just my 8330. No need for an app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 10:37 PM
    your sure to here more from them.
    Not from me, I'm done. The advice is simply wasted.
    05-30-08 10:43 PM
    -----

amazinglygraceless...amen

-----
    05-30-08 11:57 PM
    -----

Thanks guys, then I don't need to worry about Symbian, and I can maybe try a pdf doc on my Curve. I've written a WordPerfect doc that I need to convert to Word and would like to have on my phone.

-----
    05-31-08 12:00 AM
    That brings up the current device limitations.

WordPerfect to Word is not difficult, but there is no way to view or edit a Word document stored on the media card.

If you email it, you will be able to view it as an attachment, but not save it offline.

The lack of a Word document viewer is being addressed in the next generation OS with Dataviz WordToGo.
    05-31-08 10:05 AM
    Symbian is the OS in the iPhone and iTouch. New guy on the block, your sure to here more from them.
    umm... i kno its a lil off topic but u sure symbian is the OS for the iphone n itouch. i thought symbian is the notorious OS for nokia smartphones n other lesser known phones. and the iphone n itouch uses there own specific OS developed by MAC... correct me if im wrong...
    05-31-08 11:05 AM
    Origins: Why the iPhone is ARM, and isn't Symbian

Windows Mobile, Palm OS, Linux, and Symbian currently power the world’s smartphones. How does each stack up against Apple’s OS X in the iPhone? This article presents an overview and lineage of Symbian. ...

Unlike earlier iPods, the iPhone is a full software platform demanding support for applications Symbian does not address. Further, Apple needed a lot of control to provide the level of integration it planned to deliver.

The iPhone isn't a smartphone as much as it is a handheld computer with specialized mobile and media applications. Apple already has a platform suitable for a full computing environment. ...

Apple - iPhone - Tech Specs

Operating System OS X
    Opps, I stand corrected.
    Last edited by Stoner; 05-31-08 at 11:44 AM.
    05-31-08 11:37 AM
    i like to know how to install Pdf on my BlackBerry curve 8520.Recommended site i received are full beaurocracy.Please help!
    04-08-10 09:01 AM
    Documents to Go by DataViz has a PDF viewer. And they usually have a deal so I'd check them out.

04-08-10 09:19 AM
    Type in pdf reader in appword there's a few options but there is nothing free I must add.. The only other way is store pdf file on your sd card and send it to yourself in an email and you will be able to few it.. Probably your best bet is to purchace the full version of docs to go as mentioned by jeff above that way u have all types of document editing at your fingertips

04-08-10 09:54 AM
    i like to know how to install Pdf on my BlackBerry curve 8520.Recommended site i received are full beaurocracy.Please help!
    03-07-16 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD