Dear experts,
    I have to buy a new smartphone and I'm thinking about a Blackberry Z10/Q10 , especially due to the Balance function. My employer uses BB10.

My question is about the separation into a private and a business area. Can I also manage to have to phone numbers on one device, meaning that I combine my private and my business phone in one? If so, how does it work?

Or is it only one number, and I could choose on which security level I'm working (would be useless, since I don't want to use my company's contract for private calls and surfing).

Thanks for your advice!
    07-02-13 02:02 PM
    Dear experts,
    I have to buy a new smartphone and I'm thinking about a Blackberry Z10/Q10 , especially due to the Balance function. My employer uses BB10.

My question is about the separation into a private and a business area. Can I also manage to have to phone numbers on one device, meaning that I combine my private and my business phone in one? If so, how does it work?

Or is it only one number, and I could choose on which security level I'm working (would be useless, since I don't want to use my company's contract for private calls and surfing).

Thanks for your advice!
    I think you would need 2 Sims for 2 numbers, so no. Not sure about the second part of your question, the personal side and work sides are 'firewalled' from each other. I guess you'd have to use your private plan and get the company to pay a portion of the bill if you want the flexibility.
    07-02-13 02:12 PM
    Thank you!
    07-02-13 02:33 PM
    Thank you!
    NP, good luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:53 PM
    I have the BB10z and my phone is connected to the company's BES 10. One phone number, work and personal on one phone. The corporate email and contact are protected by a password. You will see the corporate mail and your personal email in the BlackBerry Hub but they are seperate and you can't copy email from one to the other unless your Blackberry admin allows this which I'm sure he won't. Your contacts will both have personal and business, you can select which contact group to view or all contacts including the work. The security keep them seperate.

It's not hard using the BB10 with the Balance. My security is set for 20 mins if my phone is idle, after 20 mins I have to logon to the work side. When the company data is lock you can still access the personal date (email/contacts). You will see a lock icon for the business data and will be prompt to sign in to access. One day I forgot my password and fail 10 times to login and my work data was swipe, but my personal was ok. The Admin reset my account and my work data was return. My PlayBook is also on the balance as well. I hope this help.
    07-02-13 02:56 PM