Can I use my TMobile sim card for an att phone?
    08-08-12 08:44 PM
    It depends on the phone and what you need it to do. First you have to unlock the phone or it won't work at all on TMob. I tried to use an unlocked AT&T 9810 on their network and it does not have the 4G radio, though it did work on EDGE. Some AT&T phones have all the Tmobile radios (I think the 9900 does), some apparently do not.
    jkrc717 likes this.
    08-08-12 09:02 PM
    As long as the phone is unlocked you should be good to go.

check this link, you can see if your phone is compatible on tmobile's network here.

http://www.t-mobile.com/bring-your-own-phone.html

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk
    jkrc717 likes this.
    08-08-12 09:03 PM
    Someone offered me the Lumia from ATT for cheap. Was going to get it. How can I find out?
    08-08-12 09:04 PM
    With EDGE yes. T-Mo is in the process of refarming their spectrum that will allow AT&T HSPA+ phones work on T-Mo, as well as get the network ready for LTE. I think some markets are already done, but I'm not sure if they list which ones are done anywhere.
    jkrc717 likes this.
    08-08-12 09:07 PM
    Try popping your Sim card in and see if you can make calls and use data etc. I'm not well versed in windows phone so I do not know how to unlock or check if a lumia is already unlocked. Checkout cellphoneforums.net they have a lot of useful info on there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk
    08-11-12 09:28 AM
    Can I use my TMobile sim card for an att phone?
    Yes.
    A Blackberry mobile device can be unlocked and by unlocking your Blackberry you will be able to use it with sim cards from other carriers..

But when it comes to AT&T and T-mobile.. the best thing is to use a device from a carrier that uses the same device (with the same frequency bands / radio hardware).
    The things is that if you will use unlocked Blackberry from AT&T with T-mobile sim card you will have the calls / SMS but you will only get EDGE connection for data.

If you want to take a Blackberry. unlock it and use it with a T-mobile SIM card with 3G speeds you should get your device from WIND or Mobilicity..
    08-12-12 06:20 AM
    I know first hand it is not worth it. I unlocked an AT&T 9810 and used my T-mobile sim in the phone and was disappointed. You will be on 2G all the time constantly getting a weak signal and the phone will be painstakingly slow when doing anything involving the internet.

Either get an AT&T sim card or if you need to stay on T-mobile get a 4G card.
    Otherwise its like putting a pinto's engine in a Ferrari.
    08-12-12 09:57 AM
    You probably won't get LTE, you will get HSPA+ if it is a market that T-Mobile refarmed for 1900MHz HSPA.
    10-16-13 07:54 AM
    You probably won't get LTE, you will get HSPA+ if it is a market that T-Mobile refarmed for 1900MHz HSPA.
    I can confirm an unlocked att 9810 gets H+ on T-Mobile service in a refarmed area!! H+ works just as well as the T-Mobile LTE I get on my unlocked Rogers pentaband Lumia 920
    10-16-13 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD