How do I block "Unknown number" on my BB Curve 8320?

Ex is driving me crazy at all hours...please help!

Thank you.
    01-12-09 08:31 PM
    I think that is something that you have to talk to your provider about. I don't know of any option on your bb that would allow that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 08:37 PM
    Set the phone to the quiet profile, and if you need to be sure that someone gets through, add them as an exception.
    01-12-09 08:43 PM
    can you do it the opposite way? add him/her as an exception and use the phone off (or another) profile? that way you dont have to add everyone who you want to get thru
    01-12-09 10:08 PM
    01-12-09 10:11 PM
    Who wants to bet it's not Storm compatable. Might just have to test it and see.
    01-12-09 10:22 PM
    There's app called Call Control. You can use it to block specific numbers, block private calls, unknown calls and all calls by area code. It works great.
    02-12-11 02:59 AM
    Police won't do anything?
    02-12-11 03:04 AM
    While all the suggestions are valid, I will remark that I had a Motorola Dumbphone not that long ago that had a ring setting for "callers without caller ID". This was a very useful setting and it seems to me that more phones should have it. It wasn't perfect, as I had a couple of friends whose phones (or telco or PBX or whatever) didn't send their caller ID, and getting them to explain that to their provider was sometimes tricky.
    02-12-11 10:08 AM
    I use Mr. Number Caller ID on my device. I don't know if it's available for Blackberry though, but it works.
    02-12-11 10:19 AM
    Call Blocker Professional is the best I've tried. You can block by Unknown Caller, Area Code, or specific numbers. You can add exceptions who always get thru. You can also set it to pick-up/hang-up or go to voicemail. Best $3 BB dollars I've spent yet.....
    02-12-11 12:16 PM
    Well it looks like Call Control is exactly what the OP is looking for. Its on App World. Problem solved.

02-12-11 12:18 PM
    Call Blocker Professional is the best I've tried. You can block by Unknown Caller, Area Code, or specific numbers. You can add exceptions who always get thru. You can also set it to pick-up/hang-up or go to voicemail. Best $3 BB dollars I've spent yet.....
    Call Control does the same thing. You can add a list of accepted numbers to the whitelist. I like the pick up/hangup setting. You can also do a lookup of numbers that called to find out who's calling.

02-12-11 12:24 PM
    Set the phone to the quiet profile, and if you need to be sure that someone gets through, add them as an exception.
    Other than one of the specialized apps, this is the best suggestion, and it's what I do at night. Only a few callers will get through to interrupt my peace. Just be sure that, if you use a password and content protection, your address book isn't included (in content protection), or your exceptions won't work once the password timeout kicks in, and the BlackBerry locks.

02-12-11 12:58 PM
    can you do it the opposite way? add him/her as an exception and use the phone off (or another) profile? that way you dont have to add everyone who you want to get thru
    No, it won't work this way (without an app), because the caller has to be a contact in the address book. This caller, even if s/he's in the op's address book, is calling with a blocked number, thus the BlackBerry won't recognize it. If the caller's number isn't blocked, you can do it the way you describe. I have someone blocked like this who doesn't have the means to call anonymously.

Last edited by T�nis; 02-12-11 at 01:06 PM.
    02-12-11 01:02 PM
    One of the features available with SMRTGuard.
    02-12-11 07:50 PM
    Call Control also has a lite free version, it will let up block up to 3 different numbers. Also will block Private calls and Unknown callers. I have been using it for about 9 months now and just went to Pro this week.
    02-12-11 08:26 PM
    How do I block "Unknown number" on my BB Curve 8320?

Ex is driving me crazy at all hours...please help!

Thank you.
    If you have verizon ( can't tell I'm on mobile site) you can block numbers right on your account on verizonwireless.com

02-12-11 08:35 PM
    I use the app AddOnis. I was able to get it when it first came out as a paid app for 50% off. I think it's regularly $7. It allows you to block all unknown and private numbers. You can also create blacklists and whitelists or simply only allow numbers from your address book. (There are also a few other features of the app.)

02-12-11 08:47 PM
    +1 for Mr. Number - free on App World. I also use YouMail which has a wonderful ditch feature.

02-12-11 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD