a couple of weeks ago my camera stopped taking photos. i was able to view my pix but no longer able to take any new ones. the screen showed the image but it looked as if a video effect was on. like a solarizing effect.
    i've done the obvious things- taken out the battery, removed the sd card, changed all the setting in the options, done a master reset of the phone, called custom care, went into a store, and i update the software.
    the error appeared as an icon between the camera icon and the picture counter. the err is an explanation point surround by a circle with line coming off the sides of the circle. imagine a explanation pt in a sun.
    im stumped, any ideas
    Last edited by ramsay; 03-05-09 at 01:07 PM.
    03-05-09 01:04 PM
    There was a thread recently about this very problem and icon.

It had something to do with the camera lens being obstructed or misaligned.

Have you checked if the camera lens is clean and not obstructed by lint, or dirt? Also, someone reported solving the problem by pushing in gently on the camera lens/cover with the tip of a Qtip to "seat" the lens/cover as it had been in at a slight angle.
    03-05-09 01:14 PM
    ok, tried cleaning and remounting it, and that didnt work. the video camera works fine so i dont think its the lens mount
    03-05-09 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";