First off let me start by saying that for me, personally for me the camera is good enough, and for me a camera is an extra, but I'm not out taking lots of pics with it either. That said, I have a friend and coworker that when he started working with me at our current place of employment I convinced him to get BlackBerry because we use our personal devices to BBM each other when on international travel, which we do a decent amount of. He got him, his wife and dad all on BlackBerry devices because he liked them, originally on Bold 9930 devices. He is currently on a Q10. Well fast forward to now and he and his wife had a child that they had spent a long time trying to have, and because they started taking lots of pics and videos of their child, and limitations of BlackBerry platform in this regard, the wife decided to move to an iPhone. My friend has stated that once his contract is up, he will almost certainly be moving to iPhone also because the pics and videos are just so much better on the iPhone, and it will make it easier for him and his wife to share pictures and videos of their child when he is on travel. This from a guy that swore to PKB devices when I tried to get him to switch to Z10 or Z30.

And it isn't just the camera itself, their isn't a way to share larger video sizes natively on BB10 and he didn't like the idea of a Box or something to do it. BBM's attachment sizes are too low. There is no native way to shoot a video at lower than 720p to make video size smaller. Now I know the Passport has improved camera and 10.3.1 has better software, but it's too late to save this case and he is on Verizon anyway so Passport isn't an option.

Now like I said for me, with my kids being teenagers and I don't take lots of pictures, everything is good, but simple to fix, and maybe more consumer oriented features are costing BlackBerry Users. Here are eventually three total users gone just because the camera/video and sharing are not that great, and I'm sure of they have left this has caused others to leave to. How about a native secure cloud for larger file sharing or something?

We've seen cool consumer features with PlayBook and BB10 devices working with QNX infotainment systems on stage for years now. Why aren't these in the devices now. Why spend all that R&D time and money for a 10 minute stage side show at CES, and leave it out (where is Mirrorlink)? Why did they have TAT do all those cool demos back in the day showing what TabletOS and BB10 could do and never bring any of it to the platform? BlackBerry invested a lot of money when it was trying to win back the consumer space, leverage it and get it into the devices or you lose both spaces.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-28-15 06:01 AM
    It is hard to figure out what BB is doing. Cash flow is the problem's source in my eyes. They need more customers and a better way to generate revenue off of those customers.
    02-28-15 06:33 AM
    Agreed, BlackBerry needs more of a consumer friendly phone. But I understand right now focus is enterprise. They need to get more customers. In order to get more money.

But from what I see On CrackBerry, N4BB,Berryflow when they do polls a majority of BlackBerry users want an all touch! A consumer like phone. That's what I'm waiting on as well. Hopefully something that competes with other flagships comes out soon

It's so hard to stay loyal to BlackBerry sometimes. I'm still in high school, I'm very into social Networks, into the newest apps etc. But I don't have the luxury to have a native app built and somehow got android version works perfectly. Sometimes it's very laggy. And people see this and mad fun of it. Their Iphones work smoothly, no problem. And they all use Imessage and FaceTime.

And like the post the camera. To me it's awful at times and in other times it's just Decent. I wouldn't say "Good" I don't know. Come on BlackBerry. Other platforms seem to be catching my attention. Make a move please.

High End all touch Flagship!!! Please.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:45 AM
    Hopefully the new Passport and Classic will bring in new (or returning, such as myself) customers that will help fuel the cash-flow.

However, BlackBerry has never been about being a consumer platform, which considerably limits it's clients bas�. It is first and foremost a pro smartphone, with the added build, hardware and software quality not found on iPhones, Androids and Windows Phone.

Finding the right balance between pro/entertainment is probably not that easy.

I myself switched back because of 10.3's Android capabilities just so I could listen to Spotify or use my bank's Android app (which, sadly, doesn't work on BlackBerry).

I'm genuinely curious to see what the future holds for BlackBerry in the years to come.
    02-28-15 06:46 AM
    My Z30 camera is decent, I have been pleased with most of my photos but for the low light ones. I think a great camera is a corporate asset if you are allowed to take photos at all - I understand some work spaces will not allow cameras.

Why BlackBerry does not have the best camera software on the market I don't understand. They should have had it from day 1.

It is getting better. I see improvement with 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:28 AM
    First off let me start by saying that for me, personally for me the camera is good enough, and for me a camera is an extra, but I'm not out taking lots of pics with it either. That said, I have a friend and coworker that when he started working with me at our current place of employment I convinced him to get BlackBerry because we use our personal devices to BBM each other when on international travel, which we do a decent amount of. He got him, his wife and dad all on BlackBerry devices because he liked them, originally on Bold 9930 devices. He is currently on a Q10. Well fast forward to now and he and his wife had a child that they had spent a long time trying to have, and because they started taking lots of pics and videos of their child, and limitations of BlackBerry platform in this regard, the wife decided to move to an iPhone. My friend has stated that once his contract is up, he will almost certainly be moving to iPhone also because the pics and videos are just so much better on the iPhone, and it will make it easier for him and his wife to share pictures and videos of their child when he is on travel. This from a guy that swore to PKB devices when I tried to get him to switch to Z10 or Z30.

And it isn't just the camera itself, their isn't a way to share larger video sizes natively on BB10 and he didn't like the idea of a Box or something to do it. BBM's attachment sizes are too low. There is no native way to shoot a video at lower than 720p to make video size smaller. Now I know the Passport has improved camera and 10.3.1 has better software, but it's too late to save this case and he is on Verizon anyway so Passport isn't an option.

Now like I said for me, with my kids being teenagers and I don't take lots of pictures, everything is good, but simple to fix, and maybe more consumer oriented features are costing BlackBerry Users. Here are eventually three total users gone just because the camera/video and sharing are not that great, and I'm sure of they have left this has caused others to leave to. How about a native secure cloud for larger file sharing or something?

We've seen cool consumer features with PlayBook and BB10 devices working with QNX infotainment systems on stage for years now. Why aren't these in the devices now. Why spend all that R&D time and money for a 10 minute stage side show at CES, and leave it out (where is Mirrorlink)? Why did they have TAT do all those cool demos back in the day showing what TabletOS and BB10 could do and never bring any of it to the platform? BlackBerry invested a lot of money when it was trying to win back the consumer space, leverage it and get it into the devices or you lose both spaces.

Posted via CB10
    As a parent who does take tons of pictures and videos, I love the StoryMaker feature on my BlackBerry. I have an expandable memory card with over 1200 photos on it and am able to make videos easily from my phone. I made one for my son who turned 13, then transferred it onto his Z10 via NFC. He loved the video (it has photos of our beloved dog that passed away too).

My BlackBerry phones have been a good balance of utilitarian and "fun" value. Having file management, HDMI, NFC, Miracast all on the phone itself without being reliant on a cloud service is a plus for someone who is pretty practical like me.

But I do understand how a household that has all Apple products can benefit well within that ecosystem. We were once an Apple household ourselves. And now we have a mix of Android, BlackBerry and Linux. So we need devices that are not locked down within an ecosystem.

We do have a Cloud service that we use tied to our home network and I use Box and Dropbox too as back ups for our various devices.

Posted via Classic
    02-28-15 10:14 AM