I just wanted to share my story. I've been a blackberry user for 4 years now and I decided I wanted to try something new. So what did I go with? The droid 2. After 2 days with it I returned it and went back to my Tour.

The droid was absolutely awesome. It certainly lives up to all the hype and some aspects of it I will greatly miss. However, as I saw in one post, the blackberry is simply the "get it done" device. It was so frustrating on the droid to have to swipe through different screens to send a txt, get to contacts, etc etc. On Blackberry all it took was one click, type, and done. The apps were cool but I quickly realized e-mail and msging were far more important to me. I thought it was so silly how I had to set up my non-google account email with droid, when all I did on blackberry was type in my username and pw. I was certainly spoiled by blackberry and expected the droid to perform with as much if not more efficiency. I was mistaken and am now happily getting what I need to do done with ease on my tour. I think soon I will upgrade to the bold, only I wish there was more variety on verizon right now.

Anyways, thats my story (:
    08-21-10 01:56 AM
    Been there and done that. The droid 2 looks way better than the OG droid though. Ill be sticking to my 8330 for the ease until verizon gets the CDMA 9800.
    08-21-10 02:54 AM
    good for you
    i also bought unlocked htc wildfire but battary life is not tht good n after playing around for a week i got my bb 9700 back
    08-21-10 03:08 AM
    I think a lot of those that become Droid prophets are former Storm users who were given a poor product and left hanging for a fix. I rely on my keyboard shortcuts too much to try anything else right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-10 03:48 AM
    I had been using a Samsung Moment since April, decided to sell it and buy a 8530. While I did like Android, it really did feel pretty beta, even 2.1. Its so nice that BB OS just works.

Though the main reason I got rid of the Moment was because of the data lock-ups. Piece of crap that thing was. Last Samsung product I'll ever buy! Haha.

So glad to be back on a Blackberry.
    08-21-10 04:37 AM
    I also left BB for droid, the X. I have a different opinion than you. I think the droid is superior to the BB in every way.

As for the BB os simply works, tell that to the tour users who were stuck with a crap filled OS.
    08-21-10 06:33 AM
    I've had a personal blackberry since the Curve 8310 came out. I'd had work issued Blackberries since that horrible ugly blue thing with the dark screen, whatever that was. I used to hide it, I hated its looks so much. But it sure got my messages and calls from work, no problems at all.
    I now have the 9650 for work and the 9800 personal. And I'm one happy camper.
    I honestly don't see myself without a berry. I may get another phone because I have a second line that I opened when I tried out the 3GS and returned it on day 29. But I really don't see myself without a Berry.
    08-21-10 06:41 AM
    My story is almost exactly the same as freshdrl (different Droid but same experience). Although I love new technology, Blackberry's practicality and ease of use does it for me.
    08-21-10 07:27 AM
    However, as I saw in one post, the blackberry is simply the "get it done" device. It was so frustrating on the droid to have to swipe through different screens to send a txt, get to contacts, etc etc. On Blackberry all it took was one click, type, and done ... I quickly realized e-mail and msging were far more important to me. I thought it was so silly how I had to set up my non-google account email with droid, when all I did on blackberry was type in my username and pw ...
    We'll expressed. Though understandably bittersweet, your outlook is generally healthy. Welcome back.
    08-21-10 07:31 AM
    Ditto.. Well said.

08-21-10 07:31 AM
    I think a lot of those that become Droid prophets are former Storm users who were given a poor product and left hanging for a fix. I rely on my keyboard shortcuts too much to try anything else right now.

I couldn't give up my keyboard shortcuts either. If you compare the Storm to a Droid as you stated, the Droid touchscreen features are better. As for a BlackBerry device with a keyboard, nothing beats the speed and efficiency to get things done quickly. Droid is better when you have time to kill, or the need for a more visually appealing experience.

08-21-10 08:14 AM
    I also left BB for droid, the X. I have a different opinion than you. I think the droid is superior to the BB in every way.

As for the BB os simply works, tell that to the tour users who were stuck with a crap filled OS.
    Now I had a great Tour experience, except for the original OS5 version from VZW. I did run several OSs though also, hybrids and such. One thing I did learn from my time on the Tour forum was there was a wide variety of experiences, even with identical OS versions.

08-21-10 09:32 AM
    IPhone 4 owner as my personal line, and a work issued Torch 9800.
    I prefer my Torch

08-21-10 10:05 AM
    Now I had a great Tour experience, except for the original OS5 version from VZW. I did run several OSs though also, hybrids and such. One thing I did learn from my time on the Tour forum was there was a wide variety of experiences, even with identical OS versions.

Same is true with the Storm series, and probably the number one reason so many users were left disappointed.

08-21-10 10:21 AM
    I have never had a reason to want to get an Android phone. The only time I did want one was before I got my Curve in January. I did not have enough to get an Android phone. Then just a few weeks ago, got an amazing deal on an upgrade and I am now happily using the Bold. I'm with TMo and their new big phone, the Samsung Vibrant, is a great flashy phone. I main issue, a very big deal breaker, is the touchscreen keyboard. I can't type to save my life on most of 'em, I hate them so much. Other than the iPod Touch, the only other touch screen keyboard I could type well on was the Storm's. I thought the touch-click was kind of weird though. Anyway, OP, glad to see you're back with BB and happy about it.

08-21-10 10:32 AM
    I couldn't give up my keyboard shortcuts either ...
    Me three! I'm hooked on the speed and efficiency. And that's one of the main reasons BlackBerry's the best.
    08-21-10 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD