Same here. 11 sats under 15 second. Google maps takes a bit longer to find my location but bb maps works great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 11:29 PM
    my 8830's gps works fine in bb maps, google maps. i run version 4.3. I know of 3 people running 4.5 and their gps does not work either. Telus could have tried to block the gps feature in the newer O.S
    03-25-09 02:50 PM
    I have the telus 8330 and have never had any problems with the gps. I've used it with a couple third party applications and it works great with those as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 03:18 PM
    I think I MIGHT just have a final solution.

I tried what the post initially said, and yes once Telus Navigator was up and running, all other GPS stuff worked too (Google Maps being my preference). However, if I reset the phone or exited from Telus Navigator, it seemed to stop working again.

Here's what I did, and it seems to have worked so far:
    -Sucked it up and bought a $3 one-day pass for Telus Navigator..
    -Opened Telus Navigator
    -Used Application Switcher to open Google Maps and verify that it was working, it was
    -Without closing Telus Navigator, I used Application Switcher to get back to home page and go into Options and then Security Options and then Application Permissions, then setting Telus Navigator to DENY for all options
    -Prompted to reset and did so...
    -You will get an error message when you start up your phone from now on (probably Telus Navigator trying to turn off the GPS again) but now I can just go straight into Google Maps and it works fine with GPS
    03-05-10 11:16 AM
    I just picked up a 8330 from Telus last Friday.

I`ve been charged ridiculous monthly charges for using Telus Navigator in the past. is BB Navigator free with Telus?
    06-01-10 07:42 PM
105 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD