You're joking right? Would you expect your carrier to be hanging out on Crackberry? At least in the US, carriers still support Blackberry. Crackberry supports Blackberry. If you have issues with a phone, you can certainly get help here, even if you had a lame carrier.
    No they aren't. At least I'm not.

I already have some stock lol. I want a phone that will be supported by carriers. I'm not seeing that here.
    02-26-14 10:30 AM
    Simple answer. My contract on my 9900 doesn't run out until June.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-26-14 10:32 AM
    Surely blackberry themselves can send info to BlackBerry legacy users directly to make them aware of BlackBerry 10 and how good it is.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    I do get e-mails from BB. If I stick with BB it will because the Q20 has a big enough screen or they make a slider or they make a Z unit that I actually want.
    02-26-14 10:35 AM
    Trackpad + Keyboard + Gloves. My work environment requires LOTS of text input while wearing gloves.

I would love an alternative. Appears Samsung working on glove friendly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 CB app
    02-26-14 10:39 AM
    You're joking right? Would you expect your carrier to be hanging out on Crackberry? At least in the US, carriers still support Blackberry. Crackberry supports Blackberry. If you have issues with a phone, you can certainly get help here, even if you had a lame carrier.
    Let me see. I should change carriers and pay for a more expensive plan which offers less to have a BB10? Or I could continue with my same charges and GB's per month on my old phone or upgrade to a phone my carrier does have and keep my cost and plan the same. Maybe if either another carrier I can use where I live and go had a great special for signing on or BBRY offered me some kind of trade in I might be using one now but neither has happened that I've been aware of.

I'm hoping vzw comes out with some cheaper plans like tmo and ATT have lately as vzw is the one and only other carrier that works where I live and go almost everywhere.
    02-26-14 10:51 AM
    Here is the latest summary, I believe we have a good overall picture as to WHY, thanks again.

Now, if you had to choose, which 5 are most important to you? In the end I hope to have a list "five main reasons why..."

-Price or money (Device/Carrier)
    -Loss of confidence in BlackBerry
    -Lack of Belt
    -Lack of BB10 education or marketing (knowledge of BB10 or BB10 Devices)
    -Carriers (lack of timely OS upgrades or lack of BB10 devices or lack of support)
    -BIS not available
    -Longer battery life, 3+ days
    -Device still works
    -Like the device
    -Like the OS
    -Bridge to BlackBerry playbook with all Bridge features
    -Lack if any significant incentives
    -No direct replacement of Slider model
    -Still lacking some OS features
    -Still on contract
    -Have a good contract ($/Data) and don't want to change
    -Current Products not doing it for you
    -Ability to use gloves (Physical keyboard and buttons)

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    02-26-14 12:38 PM
    However I was planning to bite the bullet and get the Q10 soon, but with the announcement on the Q20 I will happily bide my time until it's available.
    THIS is why I was really surprised that Chen continued to make the common BB mistake of announcing products long before they are ready. He's even talked about why this is a bad idea, and yet he did it anyway.

Many people are now going to put off purchases of the Q10 and wait for the Q20, when what BB needs is sales NOW. Will BB never learn this lesson? Unless you're ready to release it this week, then SHUT UP!
    kbz1960, app_Developer and deptech like this.
    02-26-14 12:40 PM
    THIS is why I was really surprised that Chen continued to make the common BB mistake of announcing products long before they are ready. He's even talked about why this is a bad idea, and yet he did it anyway.

Many people are now going to put off purchases of the Q10 and wait for the Q20, when what BB needs is sales NOW. Will BB never learn this lesson? Unless you're ready to release it this week, then SHUT UP!
    Or they are going to stick around with their BBOS until the Q20 comes out. Many BBOS users who wanted to buy a Q10 probably have already done so. Enterprise doesn't care like Chen thinks they care about the addition of a trackpad and would not base the timing of their purchase decision on that. Anyway you look at it, the Q10's sales will be dropping with or without the promise of the Q20.
    deptech likes this.
    02-26-14 01:11 PM
    Here is the latest summary, I believe we have a good overall picture as to WHY, thanks again.

Now, if you had to choose, which 5 are most important to you? In the end I hope to have a list "five main reasons why..."

-Loss of confidence in BlackBerry
    -Lack of Belt / screen is TOO SMALL

-Like the device

-Still on contract

-Current Products not doing it for you

deptech likes this.
    02-26-14 01:22 PM
    My BBOS phone still works perfectly. Should I throw it out ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    No, not if you're satisfied with it. Keep using it until it breaks or you're ready to upgrade. Then choose from one of the BB10 handsets.
    02-26-14 03:35 PM
    I have one big reason (I stepped back from the Q to my 9930)

Because there is zero software on there from or related to Google Inc. No "Android runtime" or the like baked into the OS. Besides, I never had a problem to speak of in BBOS7, the device is quick enough and the apps are there that I need.
    02-26-14 04:40 PM
36 12