or men, that is if you prefer to wear makeup!!

So I have been thinking about the fact that I woften wear foundation & that when I use my bb my cheeks are right up against the trackball! Im sure that over time this will dirty it up (even though I always keep my hands super clean). It sucks! Theres nothing I can do about it but not wear makeup! Anyone else worry about this factor?
    05-12-08 09:53 PM
    A makeup-less male with suggestions, that is...

Bluetooth or wired headset so your cheek isn't mashed against the trackball during calls?

Or -be prepared for periodic maintenance on your trackball - either clean with alcohol (the rubbing kind, not guzzling kind) or take out and clean periodically.
    05-12-08 10:00 PM
    I just suggest, NOT putting the thing up to your face. Even though I don't have makeup issues (being all male), I don't ever put it against my face because then all the facial oils of my skin get on the phone screen and trackball.

Also, it is safer for you to have it farther away as the intensity of the radiation emitted by it falls off at a rate equal to the square of the distance. Meaning, if you double the distance, the radiation is 1/4th. While studies have shown that it's not harmful, less is more with any radiation. =)

Patrick
    05-12-08 10:46 PM
    Patrick,

I know your response is serious but I now have a hilarious mental image of you walking around with your phone at an arm's length from your ear and you yelling, "Speak up, I can't hear you!!!"

To the OP, I had never though of this... Until now!! Thanks. (sarcasm doesn't come across well does it?) seriously, I will be more conscience of this now and will certainly be more careful!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 10:55 PM
    Patrick,

I know your response is serious but I now have a hilarious mental image of you walking around with your phone at an arm's length from your ear and you yelling, "Speak up, I can't hear you!!!"
    hahaha that is funny! i try to keep the speaker part further away, but of course that doesnt always work... speaking of radiation from phones, is it really seious? my mom told me that she has been hearing about it and that it IS pretty dangerous
    05-12-08 10:58 PM
    If so we are all in trouble.
    05-12-08 11:01 PM
    dang, i know this is off topic, but now that i am on the subject a thinking about it, i just read that the blackberry curve (at&t) is amont the top 10 highest radiation cell phones in the us! dannng.... that sucks!! well, it doesnt look like anyone is too sure if the radiation does do much harm to you or not..
    05-12-08 11:03 PM
    I wear my tinfoil hat, keeps the radiation out of my head as well as those voices...
    05-12-08 11:03 PM
    I wrap my face in seran wrap to avoid these issues. !
    05-12-08 11:12 PM
    I have the same concern. I just use a headset most of the time (or the speakerphone) to avoid dirtying the trackball with foundation AND decrease my exposure to radiation.

05-13-08 02:00 AM
    lol is this the type of problems make up causes, im glad to be a guy lol
    05-13-08 02:05 AM
    speaking of radiation from phones, is it really serious? my mom told me that she has been hearing about it and that it IS pretty dangerous
    is it wrong that im more worried about my junk, because my phone spends a lot of time in the holster?

I wear my tinfoil hat, keeps the radiation out of my head as well as those voices...
    hey me too!

i dont talk on the phone much, but i tend to angle the phone away from my face with it only touching my ear, for long conversations i tend to use the headset or a bt headset
    good luck!
    Last edited by kickinitlive247; 05-13-08 at 02:50 AM. Reason: bad typing
    05-13-08 02:49 AM
    Another Male Perspective:

I do not place the phone directly to my face either and try to hold it an inch or so away to avoid Curvesy coming into contact with my oily skin. I also use the speakerphone religiously when not relaying sensitive information. My bluespoon doesn't get as much action as it should, but it sure helps to keep Curvesy clean. Other times when I'm listening to music, the wired handset helps to protect her.
    05-13-08 07:00 AM
    I have the same problem. I end up cleaning my bbaby alot because of it. Does anyone use any of the long lasting foundation that is not suppose to smudge? I wonder if that would work.
    05-13-08 07:06 AM
    I love radiation!!
    05-13-08 07:09 AM
    Simple solution...

Stay barefoot and pregnant, that way you won't even need a BB at all and no radiation will effect you OR the baby.
    05-13-08 07:54 AM
    I'm a girl who doesn't wear foundation, so I don't really have a makeup issue. I never thought about the oils from my skin getting my trackball dirty - eww! I usually just wipe the screen after I talk, but that doesn't work so well with the trackball....

I don't worry much about radiation but I do use a headset whenever I think I might be on the phone a while. I read recently that radiation from cell phones in the few hours before you go to bed can cause sleep disruption, so I always use my headset when I'm talking at night. BTW - they say that bright screens can cause similar disruption...
    05-13-08 08:11 AM
    The only time ill put the phone up to my face is if my Blue tooth die on me during a call, and that's so till I finish the call.
    BTW, what Radiation are they talking bout?

05-13-08 08:22 AM
    The radiation is not a big issue unless ur on cell 8 hrs a day and if so ud prob rather be or should be dead neway

05-13-08 09:19 AM
    I'm sure jhard hasn't bee laid in a very long time

05-13-08 09:21 AM
    Simple solution...

Stay barefoot and pregnant, that way you won't even need a BB at all and no radiation will effect you OR the baby.

.....what?
    05-13-08 12:18 PM
    radiation blah i'm around it all day

I never thought about makeup tho ruining my berry. I was looking into a hot pink motorola bluetooth....i guess now is as good time as ever to go out and purchase it. Don't need my berry getting all jacked up!
    05-13-08 12:26 PM
    i dont wear foundation, but i wear like a sparkly powder on my face. i know for certain that stuff does get into your trackball - mine looks like its been tanning for about a month now.

seriously though my trackball does act up and im pretty sure its from the bronzer stuff.... although it does have a nice little summer glow
    05-13-08 12:42 PM
    The rare times that I'm not on the bluetooth I also hold mine at an angle so that its just touching my ear or put it on speakerphone. I doubt that long lasting foundation would make a difference.
    05-13-08 12:46 PM
    yeah fromow on im just going to put the ear part to my head, nothing else.... before i was doing half and half, sometimes further away... i just dont really pay attention... i dont want to take apart my trackball, too risky!!
    05-13-08 02:23 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD