Whats going on everyone. Im new to the crackberry community, but not new to Blackberry. Do have a question that i have not been able to figure out though.

Whenever i receive calls on my Blackberry it sometimes (lately alot of the time) it doesn't show the callers ID. It would either show the Number but no name, or just the number. The calls i receive are from contact in my phonebook on the blackberry, so shouldn't it always display a name and phone number whenever i receive a call? just curious, is there i setting or a way i can set it so i always see who is calling me? or is that just how some Berry's are?
    02-17-09 11:07 PM
    Any idea???
    02-19-09 11:10 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

While I don't know the answer to your question, I do feel the need to point out that expecting an answer to your question within 3 to 4 minutes is expecting a little too much.

When and if there are people that know the answer to your question, they will answer it. The amount of "experts" online at any one point varies throughout the day.

Again, Welcome to Crackberry!

~Jazzi~

02-19-09 11:22 AM
    I thought that to, and everyone is so quick to jump on people asking for help, but if you actually the times, you'll notice that its more like 36 hours between posts and not 3 minutes.

On behalf of the crackberry community, I apologize.

Onto your question, I'm not sure why its doin that, I personally haven't had this issue and I've had my berry for almost a year, plus 2 sister's, a bro-in-law, a nephew and a niece, plus 2 ex's all have berry's and none of them have had this experience either. Have you tried calling your provider?

Hope some of this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 01:06 PM
    i think i will do that and see what they say first, although i doubt they will be able to help.
    02-19-09 01:30 PM
    Any idea???
    Holy, wait a little longer than three minutes to start getting impatient!
    02-19-09 03:25 PM
    Holy, wait a little longer than three minutes to start getting impatient!
    Holy, read the times, and for that matter the rest of the thread, before jumpin on someone, when you're wrong.

And keep us posted on what happens with your carrier's custome service.

02-19-09 04:06 PM
    First off, to Jazzie & Josie. If you actually read the times you would notice that the time difference is 36hours & 3minutes. NOT 3 minutes. I obviously cant expect people to respond in 3 minutes, i know that! So next time read the times. please & thank you.

As for my question, i called Rogers Customer Service, and they told me it could be an issue with the person that is calling me. Not necessarily the Network Or the Phone. They transfered me to their tech support, & their tech rep check the hardware, my SIM card and phone and told me it was fine.
    02-20-09 03:07 PM
    The names and numbers that aren't coming up, did they come up previously? Have you upgraded the OS or made any other changes?
    02-20-09 06:19 PM
    Maybe its because of the theme you are using if you are using a downloaded theme. Try one of the preinstalled themes if you are using something else.

02-20-09 06:47 PM
    they started coming up recently, and what OS should i update to?
    02-20-09 06:48 PM
    i'm sure you've tried this but no one has suggested a battery pull? lol.

is it possible you're running low on memory?

i'm not sure how rogers is with customer service but take it to them, maybe they'll swap it out for a phone that works?

good luck!
    02-20-09 06:51 PM
    Hmm, did the battery pull, i think it has to do with my themes i downloaded. Im going to delete them, they aren't that "flush" either. some fonts are cut if you look closely, but that's another topic.
    02-20-09 07:45 PM
    Whenever i receive calls on my Blackberry it sometimes (lately alot of the time) it doesn't show the callers ID. It would either show the Number but no name, or just the number. The calls i receive are from contact in my phonebook on the blackberry, so shouldn't it always display a name and phone number whenever i receive a call? just curious, is there i setting or a way i can set it so i always see who is calling me? or is that just how some Berry's are?
    The only times I've seen this it has been one of

(a) the phone number has duplicate entries in the address book, so the phone can't decide which name to display. (it doesn't matter if the names are identical, it's still a dupe)

(b) Problems matching the incoming number to phonebook entries. Sometimes spacing, hyphens seem to cause difficulty, or it is unable to understand national (650)123-4567 is the same number as international +16501234567

(c) Blackberry problems with low Free Memory, and memory manager is grabbing too much processor time.
    02-20-09 08:00 PM
    i have no dupe name sin the phone, and the numbers in the phone have no dashes between them
    02-20-09 08:07 PM
    any one know???
    02-21-09 11:18 PM
    Go to OPTIONS- SECURITY OPTIONS-GENERAL SETTINGS-

Chek that in the "Include Contacts" says "NO"
    02-22-09 12:22 AM
    will that fix it permanently?
    02-22-09 12:23 AM
    I was having that same issue u r having and it did fixed it. Hope it helps.
    02-22-09 12:25 AM
    will that fix it permanently?
    Let us know if it works
    02-22-09 12:26 AM
    Thanks alot man, i hope it does. only 1 way to find out. wait for a call.
    02-22-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD