Hello, BB 8130 user of about one month, here. Recently, my call log, SMS's, and general messages will all disappear. It has happened only twice now, but it is not good. I would think it was some random occurrence or glitch, but all three logs are gone, not just one. Is my BB on some kind of timer like the spam folder in your email that deletes messages after 30 days?? Help, please.
    02-09-08 10:42 AM
    02-09-08 10:53 AM
    You can check to see how long your messages are set to last but if all 3 are ghosting on you, its a memory leak. Verizon knows about it and areworking on a patch. They say a memory card helps but not really.

As for freeing up memory/staving off memory leaks, there are tons of advice in the 8130 sub forum so i would definetly check there, plus the "How-to" sub forum (which is 2 down from this one i believe.)

This seems be a somewhat wide spread issue (i have had up to 3 in a month) so you are not alone.

Edit: I was just looking for those memory leak threads but Geek beat me to it.....again.
    Last edited by Gibralter; 02-09-08 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Gadget Geek....
    02-09-08 10:56 AM
    is memory issue with media. goto media options and put memory to lowest for reserve pic mem and device mem limit and copy all pics and music to media card. pull battery with power on and pull battery 1 a week and will be gone
    02-09-08 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD