I have a 8320 Curve (T-Mobile) and I have had some issues with my call log, emails and text messges deleting.

It happens randomly, and I have no clue why.

My phone works fine aside from that. I don't want a new phone, but this issues irritates me. Has anyone encountered any other such issue?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks!
    03-16-09 01:24 PM
    options>status will tell you your file free memory. If it gets too low it will start to delete things to try and stay afloat.

You want it to be over 12mb, what is yours?
    03-16-09 01:26 PM
    Some steps to take to increase the file free and help you with memory related issues.. If its below 12mb or anywhere near for that matter...

1. Delete all texts or unneeded texts and emails. People who save hundreds of texts will eventually have memory related issues.

2. Make sure you close all apps properly (menu>close) as well as move all media (ringtones, pictures, video etc) to a media card - if you dont have a media card its a good idea to get one to keep the pictures, ringtones off the device memory.

3. Clear your browser cache (browser>options>cache operations) as well as the event log........On your keypad hold down the alt key and type lglg and clear the event log (ignore the warning).

4. If you have too many themes or applications maybe cut down on a few you dont use. Facebook would be the first place I would go for an app that needed to be deleted.

Basic housecleaning is all you need to avoid this issue in the future....

Keep an eye on what applications are running hold alt & hit esc (button right of the trackball) it will show you 5. (phone, messages, bbm, home screen, browser) anything else in there is running and you should look into it.. After you complete many of these if not all - pull the battery with the phone on, wait 30 seconds, replace, when you boot back up check your new file free memory size.

This thread below will help you if you want to do even more memory optimization.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    03-16-09 01:32 PM
    Clear out your java log too, that nets you almost half a MB. Hold alt and type lglg, then press the BB button and select Clear Log.

After doing that and the steps Trem outlined a battery pull is also a good idea, which is similar to rebooting your computer. Just pull out the battery wait 30 seconds and then reinsert it.
    03-16-09 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD