I've had my phone for nearly two months now. It's a Bold 9700 and I haven't dropped it once or caused any damage to it at all. It's in great condition. Today I woke up and called a friend. I couldn't hear him but he could hear me. I've tried this with several other phones and it remained the same. I can't phone T-mobile because today is a bank holiday in the UK so I'm pretty much stuck.

Things I've tried to fix it:
    Hard reset
    Normal reset
    Reboot
    Voice Dialing
    Muting and unmuting
    Oscillating the volume with the volume keys
    Phoning landlines
    Turning off call enhance audio
    Begging and pleading the phone to work

Needless to say, that didn't fix it. The only way I can hear people over the phone is through speakerphone and I assumed headset works too but I can't find it at the moment.

Media works fine and everything else works fine.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm insured and the warranty is still in place so I can get it fixed. However, I am wary that I will lose all my applications I bought. Is there a way to back up my apps so I can install it again when I get it returned?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 12:08 PM
    You shouldn't loose your applications, as you would have had to purchase them from somewhere in order to get them, thus there's a record of the purchase, and you should just be able to re-download. The Crackberry app store has this, I've switched devices and loaded the same apps on my new device, works like a charm.

If calling T-Mo doesn't get you some sort of solution, make a warranty claim. Warranty claims won't cost you a deductable on your insurance plan you have, so it'll save you some money.
    Could just be a hardware issue, speaker might have just died out...
    04-05-10 12:34 PM
    I've had similiar experiences. I have T-Mobile and the Bold 9700. However, my experience where I couldn't hear the other caller has only happened on UMA. I figured it was likely due to my router as I don't have a T-mobile router. I have tried tweaking my router settings thanks to some forums on here, but I've never really been able to find any help for this. I have updated OS's several times, but nothing really ever helps.

I just don't use UMA to make phone calls anymore.
    04-05-10 12:41 PM
    Am having the same problem as of yesterday. We love a fix~

04-05-10 01:03 PM
    So I wouldn't lose my apps if I bought them from the Blackberry App store and not the crackberry store?

04-05-10 01:53 PM
    Do you guys show the headset Icon when you are on the phone? I know that I had a problem with my original Storm doing this - the phone would think that headphones were plugged in, but they really weren't....
    04-05-10 03:10 PM
    My pearl 8100 does the same exact thing. I've never been able to fix it though

04-05-10 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD