I have a 8130 and ran into the problem of not being able to erase appointments off my calender. I have already done the battery pull. Anyone run into this and how did you solve this problem? Thanks.
    05-23-08 12:37 PM
    I have the Curve and use the calendar heavely. I've never run into that problem. I just goto the event in day mode without opening it and hit del. It then asks if I want to delete and then done.
    Sorry I can't help. Good luck. This place is very good at figuring out the quirks of the BB.
    Welcome to CB
    05-23-08 01:03 PM
    Are you using Google Sync? That screwed me up and wouldn't let me delete a while back. Had to erase the calendar and start over.
    05-23-08 01:15 PM
    No, I'm not using google.
    05-23-08 02:33 PM
    The only suggestion I can make is to actually open the event and then choose delete rather than just highlighting it in the calendar and trying to delete it. I had this problem once and found that this solved it. Hope it works for you too.
    05-23-08 10:22 PM
    How do you erase the calendars though? I now have three: one each for three e-mail addresses, two of which are not longer registered to my BB. I have three sets of appointments. I can hide some by selecting only one calendar, but I'd rather get rid of them.
    05-30-08 10:24 PM
    I don't think you can erase the whole calendar, or at least I haven't figured out how to do it...

I just deleted all the appts out of the calendars I wasn't using and then made sure my default calendar was set to the right one.
    05-30-08 11:44 PM
    To clear the calendar, do the following:

1. Open desktop manager
    2. Choose Backup/Restore
    3. Click Advanced
    4. Once all your information loads in the right-hand part of the screen, click on Calendar
    5. Click the Clear button below

Hope that helps....
    05-31-08 11:44 PM
    Thanks Cory128...you did solve my problem, but it took me all morning. I had THREE duplicates of all my appointments, so deleting them one by one was not an option. But I have a Mac. So I spent the morning installing VMWare Fusion and Windows followed by the Windows BlackBerry software, and I successfully followed your instructions above. I then synced with Missing sync, thinking all would be well. It transferred all my appointments, but at wildly wrong times. I finally figured out that somehow my time zone had gotten changed, so I deleted them all again, changed the time zone, and synced again...finally all is well.

I love my Mac and I love my BlackBerry, but this is ridiculous. There needs to be an easier way. However, I blame Gcal Sync for this mess to begin with; I've gotten into trouble syncing Gcal with every platform I've ever touched, so I was stupid to try it on the Pearl. Never again, that's for sure! Thanks CB folks for bailing me out on this one.
    06-01-08 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD