07-31-08 02:26 PM
- I just got my first BB (8100/Pearl). I want to do the following but need someone with experience to guide me:
- On the BB, I want my personal appointments AND my work appointments.
- On my home computer (Mac using Missing Sync) I only want personal appointments. I use iCal.
- On my work computer (PC laptop) I want only work appointments. I use Outlook.
Is there a way to automate this so I don't have to change the settings with every sync? Please help!07-23-08 11:17 AM
- jeffhRetired ModeratorI don't know any way to keep multiple calendars on the blackberry using the native software. I just put everything on the calendar. I mark appointments private if I don't want others to be able to see the content. The advantage to a combined calendar is I don't have to look at two calendars to know if my daughter has a band competition the same day I'm traveling on business.07-23-08 10:16 PM
- Thinking out loud...
You could upload your work calendar to google calendar. Buy busysync and sync your ical and google calendar.
I believe you can choose which calendars will sync with busysync so you could uncheck your work calendar when you sync with ical. I don't know about outlook, but surely you can choose which calendars to sync with it. Then you can sync your BB OTA with googlesync.
Did that make any sense?
You would end up having just your home calendar on your ical, your work calendar on outlook, and both on your BB and google calendar.
I think that should work.07-24-08 10:27 AM
- 07-31-08 02:14 PM
- I am a windows user and not familiar with iCal, and I only sync my calander via Dessktop Manager. DM allows you to choose what overwrites what. I am assuming that if you sync two calanders (personal and work) with mutually exclusive appts to your BB, you would have all the appts on your BB without overlap. That's how I think it would work using DM for both syncs.07-31-08 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD