I'm struggling to make the switch from a palm pda to the bb and can't seem to get the calendar to do things that were pretty critical to me on the palm. My main problem is that I can't delete future recurring appts without deleting all occasions. I'm hoping that I've missed something pretty obvious. Thanks in advance for your help.
    10-07-09 12:41 PM
    This has nothing to do with BB. You need to first finalize your data before thinking about migration.

What are you using for Palm, Palm Desktop or Outlook?
    10-07-09 12:45 PM
    Just trying to figure out how to use this forum.
    10-07-09 12:45 PM
    I understand. I am not saying don't ask question. This is the right place to ask your question. But let's start with preparing your data for migration to BB first.
    10-07-09 12:47 PM
    I'm already using the BB. It's not a matter of migrating the data from the palm...this has been done. I'm on outlook now on the desktop. The real problem is that the bb is my primary calendar. I need the historical record on it, and so don't want to delete the past appointments when I delete the future recurring appointments.
    10-07-09 12:47 PM
    As for seeing old appointments on BB, go to Calendar, Option, General Options, then change Keep Appointments "Forever".

I have recurring appointments on my BB, when I delete one, it only delete that appointment only. The delete doesn't touch my old or future occurences.
    Last edited by leskchan; 10-07-09 at 01:07 PM.
    10-07-09 12:57 PM
    What are you trying to do? Delete a single occurrence of a recurring appointment? If so, when you go to delete it, select delete this occurrence and not the series.

If you want to stop the recurrence, you need to go into the recurrence and set an end date. That will truncate it on that day.

If you delete the series because you want it to end, it will delete every instance of that series which is correct behavior.
    10-07-09 02:12 PM
    yeah!!! I knew there was a simple solution that I'd overlooked. I do want to delete all the future appointments, without deleting the past. Just tried it and was able to do exactly what I've wanted to do. Thanks so much.
    10-07-09 02:48 PM
    I have a question about the calendar too...

I have a Gmail and a Yahoo! account set on my BIS service and my BB seems to have created separated profiles for them, as well as a Defaul calendar for the BB itself.

Yesterday it started duplicating events and telling me there were conflicts (but I never ever use the Yahoo! calendar).

So my question is: Any way I can wipe the calendar, use Google Sync to get my agenda back into the BB and stop it from trying to import data from Yahoo (tho I still dont know how it did it to start)?
    10-07-09 04:13 PM
    If you connect to Desktop Manager, you can delete the calendar completely. You can then resend your service books and it is like starting your calendar from scratch. Make sure the calendar you want to use is setup as Default, and then Google sync will add your Google Calendar entries to that default calendar.
    10-07-09 04:58 PM
    Noob question time:

What are service books, how do they work, how do I do what you said (both resetting them and setting a calendar as default)?

Edit: Managed to clear the calendar... let's see if I can set google one as default...

Edit: Why the options have to be so hidden? I found the Default Services but was well hidden... ><

Edit: Ok, managed to do it all. But...
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-07-09 at 05:31 PM.
    10-07-09 05:01 PM
    Now that I finished all the setup will it stop trying to get updates from my Yahoo acct?

And one last question. When I add a task, it shows on the callendar. How do I get it to syng BB > Google?
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-07-09 at 05:35 PM.
    10-07-09 05:33 PM
    Sending service books and setting up or deleting email accounts can all be done after logging into your BIS account. Each carrier has a website where you can log in and add email accounts that you want pushed to your blackberry, remove email accounts on there, and there should be an option to Send Service books. If you don't want emails from your Yahoo account, you should be able to remove that address in there. Sending service books just updates the accounts on your phones (and there corresponding calendars and such). Some carriers, like AT&T, also like to give other garbage like game previews and launchers for stupid websites when you send service books as well.
    10-09-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD