i posted this over at hofo and didn't have any luck, so hopefully there's somebody here that has some imput.

i just bought a dock to go along with my storm2 and i've been using it as my alarm clock, which i've never done before. its been going well for a couple of days, i haven't had any complaints. I usually wake up a couple of times at night and like to be able to look at the clock and see how much longer i have to sleep. today i wake up and look at the clock and can't see what time it is because apparently bedside mode doesn't turn off the calendar alarm pop ups. i looked and don't think this can be changed, but if someone figured something out i'd like to change it. just don't think this makes a lot of sense for it to do that in bedside mode...
    11-13-09 07:48 PM
    i posted this over at hofo and didn't have any luck, so hopefully there's somebody here that has some imput.

i just bought a dock to go along with my storm2 and i've been using it as my alarm clock, which i've never done before. its been going well for a couple of days, i haven't had any complaints. I usually wake up a couple of times at night and like to be able to look at the clock and see how much longer i have to sleep. today i wake up and look at the clock and can't see what time it is because apparently bedside mode doesn't turn off the calendar alarm pop ups. i looked and don't think this can be changed, but if someone figured something out i'd like to change it. just don't think this makes a lot of sense for it to do that in bedside mode...
    In the Clock options... if you look in the Bedside mode Section of the Clock options.. You will see that you can change your profile that your phone goes in when you select Bedside mode.. You can try selecting No alerts.. Other thing you can do is turn of notifications.. Other then that The phone is doing its Job.. letting you know you have slept to late... and have missed a very important date...
    11-13-09 08:40 PM
    i changed my profile to phone only and all the led and noise notifications are off. its the popup that i'm trying to get rid of. the thing that pops up on your screen and says open snooze dismiss. even in bedside mode it pops up on the screen blocking the clock and that doesn't make any sense to me, what good is bedside mode. and if i need an alarm i'll use the alarm or use a different profile while its in bedside mode
    11-14-09 11:20 AM
    Alerts are top priority and should be. By having alerts pop up when you are in bedtime mode means that:
    1. you have your phone set to bedtime mode while charging and you are charging your phone during the day. You have an important ________ (fill in the blank) that you cannot miss.
    2. you have alerts scheduled at incorrect times.
    3. your phone is creating alerts you didn't expect.
    11-14-09 12:22 PM
    Alerts are top priority and should be. By having alerts pop up when you are in bedtime mode means that:
    1. you have your phone set to bedtime mode while charging and you are charging your phone during the day. You have an important ________ (fill in the blank) that you cannot miss.
    2. you have alerts scheduled at incorrect times.
    3. your phone is creating alerts you didn't expect.
    1. i have my phone so that it doesn't go into bedtime mode while charging unless its during certain times so i don't need to worry about this
    2. looks like i'm going to have to push back the start time of my day on the calendar to fix it
    3. not creating anything on its own

i just think of bedside mode as exactly that, bedside mode with the clock. i don't think that a program should be able to interrupt that, because if needed or wanted, there's settings to make notifications heard. i feel like bedside mode should completely disable it, not just the sounds. i love my blackberry, but this to me is a fail on rim's part
    11-14-09 12:30 PM
    1. i have my phone so that it doesn't go into bedtime mode while charging unless its during certain times so i don't need to worry about this
    2. looks like i'm going to have to push back the start time of my day on the calendar to fix it
    3. not creating anything on its own

i just think of bedside mode as exactly that, bedside mode with the clock. i don't think that a program should be able to interrupt that, because if needed or wanted, there's settings to make notifications heard. i feel like bedside mode should completely disable it, not just the sounds. i love my blackberry, but this to me is a fail on rim's part
    Setting your day back should cover it.. that way you will not have to wake up to seeing simple notifications... Yeah it is a little annoying but they are looking at it like this... you would be pist if you missed an apointment becasue of the bedside mode... a double edge sword...
    11-14-09 04:55 PM
    i take it back, no fail on rim's part. i figured out that if i lock it and then when i plug it in and it goes into bedside mode there's no pop up until i unlock it.
    11-16-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD