I have a bold but the following issue for calendar invites/accept has been around since it was implemented in BIS 2.x This happens a bit differently on Gmail than Hotmail, but the results are the same.

Hotmail finding:

- add event on BB calendar and invite a hotmail email account
    - inbox shows calendar/email icon, the sender, and the event subject
    - when opened on hotmail it just shows the subject, from, sent, and to

In a normal calendar invite you see the Accept, Decline, etc. in the opened email. Not the case when coming from the BB. Gmail is similar in it's web interface.

I've also noticed when I invite from Hotmail to the BB, and I accept the invite on the BB, the accepted email shows the same as above and never updates the calendar as being accepted.

Is anyone else using the BIS for calendar invites and getting proper operation?
    12-14-08 08:32 PM
    Works fine for me, from Blackberry to Blackberry. and also from Blackberry to Gmail.....

Sorry I don't use hotmail. Only Blackberry.net and Gamil(Verizon ISP account)
    12-14-08 08:45 PM
    Works fine for me, from Blackberry to Blackberry. and also from Blackberry to Gmail.....

Sorry I don't use hotmail. Only Blackberry.net and Gamil(Verizon ISP account)
    Really?

Well here's my findings for Gmail:

- add event and invite Gmail address
    - on gmail web interface, accept the event
    - on BB get accepted email and all is good.

- delete/cancel event on BB and send notification to gmail account
    - on gmail web interface opened message shows Who: Unknown Organizer* and Add to Calendar link.

This is what I have always seen on Gmail when I use calendar events from the BB. I will post my findings going from Gmail to the BB.
    12-14-08 09:08 PM
    As promised, here my findings from Gmail to the BB:

- add event on gmail calendar invite BB address
    - accept on BB and its added to the calendar and removed from the BB inbox
    - opened email received on gmail web interface shows This invitation is out of date. This event has been updated. John Doe had previously accepted this event.

Maybe you can check your findings and see if they match mine. I have been unable to get the proper BIS calendar operation from any .ics supported calendar on the BB.
    12-14-08 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD