when i click to read texts or bbms , my calendar events are in the notification drop down thing and its so annoying because my bbms get put underneath and its showing events that arnt until august....how do i rid of calendar notifications from that drop down?? URRRGH its driving me crazzy
    04-24-11 02:54 PM
    I have the same problem! I do not want my calendar items in the notification bar, I'll be notified about them if I set an alert for them in the calendar. Any answers as to how to remove calendar items from the notification bar?
    04-25-11 10:17 AM
    Not possible in this build, unless you're using a third-party calendar app (ie: pocket informant has the option to act separately from your native calendar, so you could leave your native calendar empty.) It seems that in the upcoming OS 6.1 one can choose what tabs/trays are active on your homescreen...perhaps what shows up on your today screen will also one day be optional as well.

Cliffs' Notes: as of right now your only option is to get a theme that does not include the calendar (i.e: a hidden today theme that exposes its today preview when you highlight the icon, not as a drop-down menu)
    04-25-11 12:13 PM
    And they will always be listed at the top? If you have a busy appointment schedule going months in advance it could mean a hundred appointments, and they will all be listed before any *actual* notifications? BBM, SMS, PIN, etc.
    04-25-11 12:33 PM
    They will stay where they are, though there's a limit to how many advanced appointments they will show (5? 10? Not sure, I don't use my native calendar, perhaps another member can chime in here)
    04-25-11 12:50 PM
    I don't think it's possible to remove calendar events. It's likely in 6.1 that will be an option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 01:43 PM
    I don't think it's possible to remove calendar events. It's likely in 6.1 that will be an option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Would this OS appear in a new phone eventually, or as an upgrade to the current OS in my phone?
    04-26-11 10:28 AM
    Would this OS appear in a new phone eventually, or as an upgrade to the current OS in my phone?
    What phone do you have?

While no one but RIM knows for sure, it's speculated on the Internet that any phone currently sporting 6.0 (natively, ie: 9700 will likely be excluded) will get 6.1 (so, Style, Bold 9780, Torch...) These will not be released for some time, my guess is after summer/fall when the new phones have been released. It wouldnt make sense for RIM to release new phones while giving away the new operating system to old phones...that creates little incentive for us to spend our pennies
    04-26-11 10:46 AM
    go into your calendar > menu button > options > scroll down to the accout the reminders are showing up through. if its via an email address, click that. if its a facebook birthday reminder, click that. open it up and uncheck the box that says "display reminders" then save. see if that gets rid of the notifications.
    04-27-11 02:19 AM
    They will stay where they are, though there's a limit to how many advanced appointments they will show (5? 10? Not sure, I don't use my native calendar, perhaps another member can chime in here)
    It's 3 for all OS versions I've seen with the exception of the original Torch OS which had more.

I'd really like to be able to change this number, and change the order things are displayed.
    04-27-11 05:41 AM
    What phone do you have?
    According to "About Device Versions"

BlackBerry 9300
    smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)
    6.0 Bundle 1965 (v6.0.0.461,
    Platform 6.6.0.137)

go into your calendar > menu button > options > scroll down to the accout the reminders are showing up through. if its via an email address, click that. if its a facebook birthday reminder, click that. open it up and uncheck the box that says "display reminders" then save. see if that gets rid of the notifications.
    In all of my listed appointments the only "Send Using" option is "Facebook", so that is what all of my appointments are set to. I had already tried what you suggested and it changed nothing.

It's 3 for all OS versions I've seen with the exception of the original Torch OS which had more.

I'd really like to be able to change this number, and change the order things are displayed.
    I can confirm that only three appointments show at a time, but I'm with you, more customization would be prime.

Anyone have any suggestions for calendar apps? I checked the one mentioned previously and it was over $12, a bit pricey for me, that and it has no free trial/version.
    04-27-11 01:49 PM
    Didn't help.
    08-12-11 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD