for me as for many, i can imagine, calendar app is of fundamental importance...i dont understand why RIM use inside all BBs a calendar that looks like that old fashion agenda devices with only squares and blocks. No icons, not a decent week view, Not a task and appointment view and, what is the worst, not an easy way to sync multiple calendars wireless (like apple and android are doing a long time ago). i've been using Pocket Informant for years and now even they are stopping giving continuation to BB support. Like many calendar and sync apps they are now only with iphone and android.
    I want to know from everybody, how are you dealing with your tasks and appointments ? Are you using the basic old fashioned BB calendar ? Are you using a third part app ? Dont you feel disappointed to not have the same sync options of android and iphone ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    08-04-12 08:22 AM
    I get along fine with the calendar on my phone, and even better with the calendar on my PlayBook.

If you haven't yet tried it, I'd suggest having a look at the calendar app in the PlayBook as I believe that itgives a good insight to what will be in BB10.

Si.
    08-04-12 08:41 AM
    I would love a calendar with more features: categorization of appointments (color code for viewing and category type for searching), a work week view (and the ability to specify the days in the work week), the ability to see the appt title in the week (or work week) view, and a task view (like you wrote).

Related to the calendar, I'd also like the ability to take an email and convert it into either a task or appointment (not a conference). I can add a flag for follow-up to an email and set a date/time, but these are not displayed on the calendar. I don't carry my PB with me but I always have my phone so these options would make the calendar much more useful for me. If it's not on my calendar, it doesn't get done!
    08-04-12 08:55 AM
    I would love a calendar with more features: categorization of appointments (color code for viewing and category type for searching), a work week view (and the ability to specify the days in the work week), the ability to see the appt title in the week (or work week) view, and a task view (like you wrote).

Related to the calendar, I'd also like the ability to take an email and convert it into either a task or appointment (not a conference). I can add a flag for follow-up to an email and set a date/time, but these are not displayed on the calendar. I don't carry my PB with me but I always have my phone so these options would make the calendar much more useful for me. If it's not on my calendar, it doesn't get done!
    Have you tried the Taskmaster app? Works great and basically let's you convert anything into a task.
    outlib likes this.
    08-04-12 09:13 AM
    Have you tried the Taskmaster app? Works great and basically let's you convert anything into a task.
    No, I haven't, but I'll check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!
    08-04-12 10:16 AM
    I solely use the agenda view, as looking at the month view on a regular basis on a 480x360 device is pointless. I feel like the calendar is sufficient to meet my needs. I wish that there was some customization, but overall, it works very well.
    08-04-12 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD